Hi all!

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
spagnoli
Novice
Novice

Hi all!

Post by spagnoli »

Hello Folks,

Yet another farang wanting to move to Thailand. I have lived on Phuket before for a few years years, many moons ago. (Been back on holiday many times, there's a place that has changed radically over the years!)

The good wife and I (yes she is of Thai origin) have lived back in the UK and elsewhere in Europe for the duration of raising the kids, a job that is pretty much done, at least as far as full responsibility and education is concerned.

We visited Hua Hin several years ago and rather liked our short stay and the local vibe. Therefore, were wanting to add it to our search list for possible places to live along with running a small business. A medium/small sized restaurant and guest house in a newer, up-and-coming area of town is our plan (both of us being experienced in this field). It is very likely that one of the kids will come with us as a permanent stayer (more attached as being born and raised to age 4 in Thailand) while the other would come and go for the time being.

We are coming for a fact finding mission in late May/early June but can only spare a max of two weeks this trip.

Is it OK to ask here for any good tips and ground level information on the newer areas of HH that would be viable? We would like to gather as much info. as possible before the trip so we can hit the ground in serious search mode.

Thanks.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hi all!

Post by Lev »

Welcome aboard, if you haven't already have a read of this to get you used to the forum: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054

Ask away with any specific questions though you may find they've already been covered.
spagnoli
Novice
Novice

Re: Hi all!

Post by spagnoli »

Hello Lev and thanks for the welcome.

I have read the thread you linked to and the T&Cs.

My first question has been posted in the older "hua hin soi 102 info" thread to get a first feel and feedback.

Thanks