Hi! I am new member from Beijing.

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Hi! I am new member from Beijing.

Post by OrchidClock »

Dear friends, :D

I find this lovely forum today!

After I view few pages, I should say thank you to all friends who shares their knowing about this city. From today I shall do my part to contribute what I can.

I am close to 50 living in Beijing. I and my wife find everything we like in HuaHin---Nice climate, mountain & sea, golf, Yoga and food...So, last year we came five times.

Finally we decide to find a property in Hua Hin. Now we are on the way to be Huahiners. I know I have lot to learn.

Good wishes to all! :cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Re: Hi! I am new member from Beijing.

Post by Big Boy »

Welcome to the forum OrchidClock :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

Big Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum OrchidClock :D
Thank you! :cheers:
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Welcome to the Forum OrchidClock, you will certainly enjoy the clean air of Hua Hin, as
compared with the air you have had in Bejing.
You can always get to Bangkok in 2 hours by bus or shorter by plane to Don Muang airport.
Lots of stores and malls now in HH so Good Luck when you finally settle
in.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

You are going to get a few good laughs when peoplecomplain about traffic problems in HH.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

Stargeezer wrote:Welcome to the Forum OrchidClock, you will certainly enjoy the clean air of Hua Hin, as
compared with the air you have had in Bejing.
You can always get to Bangkok in 2 hours by bus or shorter by plane to Don Muang airport.
Lots of stores and malls now in HH so Good Luck when you finally settle
in.
Stargeezer
There is SAYING about a guy from Beijing. One day, when he arrived at Hua Hin Airport, as soon as he step out, he felling heavily on the ground and lost consciousness.... He were then sent to Bangkok Hospital!. Doctor asked:" Where is he from? ""From Beijing". Then doctor bring him to hospital parking, start his car,send automobile exhaust directly to his mouth. HE WAS MORE THAN ALIVE!
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

oakdale160 wrote:You are going to get a few good laughs when peoplecomplain about traffic problems in HH.
Start from 2010, Beijing started to control issue new license,nowadays young people want to buy a car, they have to go through kind of "lucky draw", last month 100 appliers only 1.5 get license.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When did you move there? When I arrived in the mid 90s, the traffic was bad from 7am to7pm mon- Fri, but after 7pm and on Sunday, there was no problem at all. That changed over the years and inSARS year, 2003, everybody who could bought a car and it got really bad. Also, sadly, the thousands of bikes almost disappeared.
OrchidClock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OrchidClock »

oakdale160 wrote:When did you move there? When I arrived in the mid 90s, the traffic was bad from 7am to7pm mon- Fri, but after 7pm and on Sunday, there was no problem at all. That changed over the years and inSARS year, 2003, everybody who could bought a car and it got really bad. Also, sadly, the thousands of bikes almost disappeared.
I can see you know Beijing very well. :cheers: 2003, the year of SARS is turning point for Beijing and probably the whole China. After SARS, afraid of "hard landing" of China's economy, oceans of money flood from Central Bank. Traffic is only one of the side effects, 2003 Beijing have cars close to 2 million, 2010 is over 5 million. Another even more big problem is housing price, rocket high after that. I was born in Beijing.