Forum Newbie Here

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Poisian
Novice
Novice

Forum Newbie Here

Post by Poisian »

Hi,
I'm living in Nakhon Pathom, near Kampang Saen, and Kasetsart University -- and having the time of my life! I love this place!

Just got here less than a month ago and I am getting ready to leave the country for a few days again and extend and renew the ol' visa. i wish there was some end to this! i wish there was a way to make the stay A LOT longer! Say, a year or so? Now, wouldn't that be nice? There likely is a way, but I just got here again and started my research and haven't found that way yet. But I will. HA! As some of you may know, immigration does not make it easy for Americans to stick around in Thailand. Lol. That is as may be, but it is still worth it to come and live here.

Anyway, great to be here, and looking forward to some good information!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Forum Newbie Here

Post by Dannie Boy »

Poisian wrote:Hi,
I'm living in Nakhon Pathom, near Kampang Saen, and Kasetsart University -- and having the time of my life! I love this place!

Just got here less than a month ago and I am getting ready to leave the country for a few days again and extend and renew the ol' visa. i wish there was some end to this! i wish there was a way to make the stay A LOT longer! Say, a year or so? Now, wouldn't that be nice? There likely is a way, but I just got here again and started my research and haven't found that way yet. But I will. HA! As some of you may know, immigration does not make it easy for Americans to stick around in Thailand. Lol. That is as may be, but it is still worth it to come and live here.

Anyway, great to be here, and looking forward to some good information!
You can get a one year education visa where you regularly attend Thai language classes (I think a min of 4 hours a week) - no age restrictions as far as I'm aware.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

sounds like you are having fun
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Welcome to the forum Poisian :thumb:
It's not just the Yanks that find it hard to stay in Thailand.

Still, when you retire, it gets a bit easier.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.