Dutch, Indonesian couple on holidays in Hua Hin in January

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Dutch, Indonesian couple on holidays in Hua Hin in January

Post by keesvalk »

we are couple living and working in Indonesia at the moment. He is Dutch (61) and she is Indonesian (27). Hua Hin is the most serious option for us to retire. Therefore we will be in Hua Hin during the 2nd half of January 2014 to check out how the place is.
We would appreciate very much and recommendations for a hotel or other place to stay for those 2 weeks. We can then explore life in Hua Hin, social life, golfing life, nightlife, housing, etc, etc
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: Dutch, Indonesian couple on holidays in Hua Hin in Janua

Post by Chromeman »

I am going to Hua Hin for the first time in March and are going to stay at a hotel called Jaidee Resort Hotel, it is a bit inland related to the city in a quiet area. The hotel is run by a Dutch man and his Thai wife. I have had some contact with the husband via e-mail prior to my booking my stay there, and he was very friendly and helpful. And I see similar good reports about them on TripAdvisor.

And since you are thinking about retiring in Hua Hin, they probably know about other Dutch people in the area.

I don't think I am allowed to link to their website since they are not sponsors or advertise here, but a quick google search will locate them.
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Dutch guy planning to retire in Hua Hin

Post by keesvalk »

Hi to all members of this forum.
I am a Dutch man with an Indonesian wife living and working in Indonesia for 14 years.
I plan to retire and it appears to me that Hua Hin is a nice place although i have not
been there in 23 years.....
In January i plan a 2 weeks trip to check out life, housing, etc, etc in Huan Hin.

any info as to a reasonable hotel and anything else about Hua Hin is welcome
thank you
Kees & Indah
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

Chromeman , thanks info
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hi Kees, you'll get answers, no need to keep posting the same question!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

I suggest you go to EVENTS & ACTIVITIES then to Sub forum Hua Hin Golf and that will give you all the golf information you will need.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

Buksida
yes i am aware but when i post a message i dont see it on the board that's why unfortunately i repeated it. didn't know you had to join each forum individually
thanks
buksida

Post by buksida »

We delete the duplicates, your post is already here, no need to keep repeating it!

No need to join each forum, its all the same thing, have a search around the golf and accommodation sections.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

Buksida
thanks your help. it is new to me, apologies for inconvenience