Honeymoon in Hua Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
nedebz
Novice
Novice

Honeymoon in Hua Hin

Post by nedebz »

Hi

I've just joined the forum in the hope of finding some advice on how best to see and experience the essentials in Hua Hin. This is our first time in Thailand

We are travelling to Hua Hin on 5th April 2014 for our honeymoon and staying for 13 nights in the Dusit Thani.

I messed up the booking a bit and booked room only instead of B&B so we will certainly be looking for ideas of places to go for breakfast as the hotel want 660 Baht per person per day for breakfast. :banghead: Wish I hadn't been so excited to get it booked! :laugh:

We are thinking of travelling up to Bangkok for an overnight stay and ideally want to do an elephant trek or bath them but other than that we are open to ideas although neither of us are great museem goers!

Thanks in advance
Big Boy

Re: Honeymoon in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Welcome to the forum nedebz. You might find this publication helpful http://www.tourismhuahin.com/ . Also, if you Like our new Facebook page, you will receive regular updates on what to see and do in the area as we regularly update it https://www.facebook.com/huahinforum .
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Not sure where you'd get English style breakfasts near the Dusit (Hua Hin) it's a little bit out of town and it's grounds are quite extensive so there's not that much nearby. Thai food can found in small shops on the main road outside the Dusit.

If you do plan to go to Bangkok you should try and get the Dusit to 'transfer' your nights that you won't be at the Hua Hin one to the Bangkok one.
They have their own mini-bus for transfers between the two hotels.
nedebz
Novice
Novice

Post by nedebz »

Thanks for the welcome.

I've liked the page on Facebook and requested notifications so shall hopefully be able to keep up to date with all of the postings on there.

I'll certainly be taking some time to look over the link you posted.

Thanks for the advice Frank, that's something we'll certainly try. Just have to try and decide whether tp email them to ask in advance or to do it once we arrive !!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

nedebz wrote:Hi

I've just joined the forum in the hope of finding some advice on how best to see and experience the essentials in Hua Hin. This is our first time in Thailand

We are travelling to Hua Hin on 5th April 2014 for our honeymoon and staying for 13 nights in the Dusit Thani.

I messed up the booking a bit and booked room only instead of B&B so we will certainly be looking for ideas of places to go for breakfast as the hotel want 660 Baht per person per day for breakfast. :banghead: Wish I hadn't been so excited to get it booked! :laugh:

We are thinking of travelling up to Bangkok for an overnight stay and ideally want to do an elephant trek or bath them but other than that we are open to ideas although neither of us are great museem goers!

Thanks in advance
Hi Welcome!
I think you have to think carefully about this. First can the booking be altered? If not really think about this...do you really want to dash off each morning in search of a cheap breakfast, especially on your honeymoon?
Can you also write to the hotel and ask them for a special deal if you eat there every day...maybe worth a try.
I stayed at the Sofitel HH a few years ago and the breakfast was one of the most fantastic breakfasts I have ever had. Anything you want, buffet style, English, US, Thai, French ...you name it. I am sure it will be the same at Dusit Thani. I think it is important to have a memorable time on your honeymoon for all the right reasons. It's different if you were on a budget or backpackers trip.
We found that having a later breakfast almost did us until dinner. You can "cut back" in other ways. Buy drinks from the 7/11 to put in the mini bar and have an aperitif on your balcony. Eat snacks at food stalls or coffee shops. Take fruit from the breakfast bar to have around the pool. Buy your own water in 7/11 the hotels really rip you off for water. Some water is free in rooms, but check which is free. I was drinking a large bottle a day of water which I thought was free, had a huge shock at the end of the holiday...21 days of water :banghead:
It is important when staying at a top hotel to use the facilities as well, pool, beach, you will not always want to dash off. The last thing you want is to get up, dash off in a TUK TUK or Taxi to find some "greasy spoon" café. Also you will have to pay for transport from the hotel to the café .
If it were me, I would "bite the bullet" and include breakfast in the hotel....at least for the first week anyway :wink: Also nothing worse than a hungry husband!! :laugh:
Good luck with your plans. If you need advice on restaurants, ask the forum, they all like to post on topics about food :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Siani wrote:
nedebz wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance
Hi Welcome!
I think you have to think carefully about this. First can the booking be altered? If not really think about this...do you really want to dash off each morning in search of a cheap breakfast, especially on your honeymoon?
Can you also write to the hotel and ask them for a special deal if you eat there every day...maybe worth a try.
I stayed at the Sofitel HH a few years ago and the breakfast was one of the most fantastic breakfasts I have ever had. Anything you want, buffet style, English, US, Thai, French ...you name it. I am sure it will be the same at Dusit Thani. I think it is important to have a memorable time on your honeymoon for all the right reasons. It's different if you were on a budget or backpackers trip.
We found that having a later breakfast almost did us until dinner. You can "cut back" in other ways. Buy drinks from the 7/11 to put in the mini bar and have an aperitif on your balcony. Eat snacks at food stalls or coffee shops. Take fruit from the breakfast bar to have around the pool. Buy your own water in 7/11 the hotels really rip you off for water. Some water is free in rooms, but check which is free. I was drinking a large bottle a day of water which I thought was free, had a huge shock at the end of the holiday...21 days of water :banghead:
It is important when staying at a top hotel to use the facilities as well, pool, beach, you will not always want to dash off. The last thing you want is to get up, dash off in a TUK TUK or Taxi to find some "greasy spoon" café. Also you will have to pay for transport from the hotel to the café .
If it were me, I would "bite the bullet" and include breakfast in the hotel....at least for the first week anyway :wink: Also nothing worse than a hungry husband!! :laugh:
Good luck with your plans. If you need advice on restaurants, ask the forum, they all like to post on topics about food :cheers:
Sensible suggestion Siana :agree:
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Honeymoon.........worried about the cost of a 660 Baht breakfast :shock: How many Christmas crackers did you need to open before you got a ring :twisted:
Might cost a bit to get an elephant or two to Bangkok for the trek..........plus buying them a bath :rasta:
no more dePreston
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

poosmate wrote:Honeymoon.........worried about the cost of a 660 Baht breakfast :shock: How many Christmas crackers did you need to open before you got a ring :twisted:
Might cost a bit to get an elephant or two to Bangkok for the trek..........plus buying them a bath :rasta:
Just thought 660 baht converts to £13.29.....it is cheaper price than a Holiday Inn brekkies in the UK. :wink:
nedebz
Novice
Novice

Post by nedebz »

Siani wrote:
Hi Welcome!
THanks for the advice, yea that is what we're going to do. We always have a hearty breakfast on holiday normally so don't know why I didn't think about it.

The 660 Bhat is per person per day, so £26 'ish per day but we sha;; make the most of what is on offer!!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

nedebz wrote:
Siani wrote:
Hi Welcome!
THanks for the advice, yea that is what we're going to do. We always have a hearty breakfast on holiday normally so don't know why I didn't think about it.

The 660 Bhat is per person per day, so £26 'ish per day but we sha;; make the most of what is on offer!!
According to Expedia 660 baht is..... :thumb:

Conversion results

660.00 THB = 13.29 GBP

Exchange rate: 0.020131

Rate valid as of: 7/11/2013

Todays rate
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

poosmate wrote:Honeymoon.........worried about the cost of a 660 Baht breakfast :shock: How many Christmas crackers did you need to open before you got a ring :twisted:
Perhaps they could spend the 300 quid plus on something else....... nothing like judging people is there :roll:

Nedebz - hope you have a cracking time!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.