G'day from chilly Melbourne, australia

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

G'day from chilly Melbourne, australia

Post by joyvee »

i found this board by googling and it is a great resource. have been cutting and pasting info.
Am returning to Suan son Pradiphat after about 8 years and would be interested to hear any recent reports.
last time we stayed in one of the beach bungalows on foreshore. this time I am checking out hotel.
Looked at a blog and the little cafe looks up market from the open air one with concrete floor and tin roof which served delicious food last time.
Any recent up date will be welcomed. JoyV
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Re: G'day from chilly Melbourne, australia

Post by charlesh »

If you are talking about the multi story Army hotel (about 700 m sth of the rustic bungalow area ) and the restaurant below I can thoroughly recommend both and they are quite reasonably priced when I was there in July '13. The beer was cold too! The other open air places just up the beach were open then. The bungalows are pretty basic and more geared for the Thais!!!
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Yes, they were basic and the water supply was only available at certain hours so one had to use a Balinese style mandi to have a dipper style shower in between times. Great fun and we loved it.Noticed on a blog that they now have aircon so will check them out.
Great to have your feed back on hotel as that is where I am staying this time. Do you know if it has internet facilities? JoyV
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

I was told that they do down stairs. Enjoy your stay and have some lovely walks along the beach . It is great to sit in the restaurant and watch the numerous boats with green lights catching fish/cuttlefish at night. There are even monks that wander through the down stairs just after 6 AM on their alms rounds. Orange bus to Pranburi is a goer as is the Thai massage parlour "Pinkaeow" on the main rd (on a slow right hand bend) just past Tesco in Pranburi. 2 hrs of air conditioned comfort to soothe the aching limbs for 270Bht + tip.
Good Luck
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Charles, thanks for all your reassurance.I am coming down to check things out as plan to bring 3 other mates down next June. Husband says it may be his last trip.
Want to try and improve my snake snake,fish fish Thai! JoyV
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Has anyone found a solution to sandflies at Suan Son Pradiphat?
Also discovered that there are now two hotels at Suan Son.
The new one is more expensive unless you happen to qualify for military or public service discount.
The older one is now being renovated bit by bit if the stack of old mattresses is anything to go by.Might put this info on new posting. Thanks for everyone's good advice above. JoyV
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Joyvee
I enjoyed your message, and am wondering Just how chilly does Melbourne get?
Where I live in Canada it is -10c today and I think it is chilly, although some long time
residents think -10c and colder is actually cold and colder.
If you want another place to stay that is on the water, there is another Military place right in Hua Hin
north of the Pier area about 1km. I can not remember the soi. number but the rooms were basic
and very clean, with AC and bathroom with shower and western toilet. The nicest feature was the location as it was close to the ocean and walking distance from the bars, but very quiet otherwise.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.