Moving to HH in April

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
raytashi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Moving to HH in April

Post by raytashi »

@theprice01

I'm sure you can pick up a decent used scooter cheap but be careful out there and wear a helmet. Getting creamed on a scoot will ruin your day or more. My advise would be to use public transit if you want to venture far where there is a lot of traffic. In Hua Hin isn't too bad I suppose if you are used to some heavy local traffic and lucky for you they drive on the left in Thailand. If you want to visit another city, just get a bus ticket. They are cheap and really nice. I think it was 300 baht for a ride to BKK airport. Also I was told that if you aren't local the tourist cops will shake you down for bribes if you don't have a license to ride so you might check on how to get a license. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Best Regards
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: Moving to HH in April

Post by theprice01 »

hi Raytashi,
Thank you for that info. The public transport was better then I expected last time, I used the minibuses a few times but mainly took internal flights. I'm used to walking a fair bit so will probably do that rather then hire/buy a bike, at least until I'm settled in.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D