16 days near Hua-Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Tnzu81
Novice
Novice

16 days near Hua-Hin

Post by Tnzu81 »

Hello there, my name is Paul, and I'm 32 and from Holland. I'm currently an expat in Dhaka, Bangladesh, working for my aunt's firm, and because of the Eid-al-Adha (slaughter festival) we decided to take a vacation to Thailand.

We are staying in different parts of a large and spread out hotel near Pak Nam Pran and I'm wondering if you have any good suggestions for what to do in this area, how to get around, etc...

My aunt is more of a type that will stay all 16 days in the hotel, but I like to see places and meet people more. The people in the hotel do not speak English very well at all, and the only thing I've obtained so far is a telephone number for a taxi service.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: 16 days near Hua-Hin

Post by Chromeman »

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with the area, but until the long time guys wake up and answer your post, maybe you can take a look at what TripAdvisor says about attractions and restaurants in the area.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hi Tnzu81,

Have a look here (more links at the bottom of each forum page). http://www.tourismhuahin.com/ .

One that I'd rocommend, which is not far from where you are is a trip with Mermaid Cruises http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahin-cruises.php . A really relaxed day out, with a crew taking care of your (almost :wink: )every need.

There's also Sam Roi Yod, where there's plenty to see, and another that I've enjoyed is Pranburi Forest, where there is a wooden walkway through the Mangrove Forest.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Saturday starting about 3 in the afternoon is a night style /antique ish market in Pranburi city by the Pranburi railway station
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

Hi Paul
Welcome to the forum.
I usually stay in the paknampran area when im over there.
Good advice given from fellow forum users.
You might also rent a scooter/motorcycle from one of the vendors in the area.
This would give you the flexibility you might be looking for?
The traffic isnt too bad in the area if you avoid 'rush hours'.
My wife and I have had many a happy afternoon exploring the backroads and sam roi yot on a scooter.
I hope you have a great break.

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)