Hi Folks - Just arrived

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
MareeT
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Folks - Just arrived

Post by MareeT »

Hi All
I must first confess to having been a bit of a lurker on this forum for some time, and have really appreciated all the information I have gathered. A big thanks to everyone.

Hubby and I have taken an early retirement to get out of the hum drum of everyday work to buy the things we don't need. At least that is the plan. We tried really hard to get our luggage down to a suitcase each, hence we failed at the first hurdle, but were not too discouraged with 2 suitcases each, which in our defence includes a few winter clothes for return winter trips back to Australia.
So we have an apartment for 2 weeks and are hoping to quickly find a small house or 2 bed apartment.
I will be asking many questions and look forward to also contributing in the future.

Cheers Maree
buksida

Re: Hi Folks - Just arrived

Post by buksida »

Welcome to the forum, have a quick look at this if you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
robertpattinson212
Novice
Novice

Post by robertpattinson212 »

Welcome dear to this forum. Hope to get into conversation with us so stay connected with us.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Welcome Im sure you will love it in Hua Hin. As you have seen this site is a great place for info and chat!
:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
MareeT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MareeT »

Thanks folks for your words of welcome. We are enjoying the start to our retirement here in Hua Hin, although still trying to find a house. Hopefully we will resolve that in the next few days. Again thanks
flexthai
Novice
Novice

Post by flexthai »

Hi,

Good to see that there are also couples getting over here for retirement, and not only guys looking for ladies... :-) (I am okay with that, to be clear, but it is nice to see a mix of pensionados)

Would love to hear about your experience finding a nice place, we will be in the same position by mid-2014

cheers, Bob