Hi, some newbie advice needed

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Hi, some newbie advice needed

Post by Frank La Rue »

SunandFun wrote:With this scenario, girlfriend vs. wife. DO NOT BUY! You can find anything and everything to rent. All without costing you a fortune. It is way to early to buy in my opinion. Too many variables. And if she still finds the need to work, Bangkok is probably a better bet given her background. In Hua Hin the easiest thing you can do is buy a property. In Hua Hin the most difficult thing to do is sell a property. You will not "loose any face" by renting and I can assure you that you can rent even a mansion if that is your lifestyle. Why, because it is so hard to sell them. One last word, RENT.
Good Luck my friend.

Maybe I lost out on the details here - but you say nowhere she is Thai or not?

IF she is a UK Gal - dont buy!

How many Multinational corporations are headquartered in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin is not Geneva, Dusseldorf, Paris or London. Best she can remotely hope for is Chief Accountant at Hua Hin Hilton or Sheration, whilst teaching night classes at Webster University.

Man - get another dream or get another Girlfriend - Thai if the Thai bug has gotten to you.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

Well been here 8 days now and apart from the football :cry: and falling off the moped first time I tried to get over the railway crossing :cry: :cry: things are going great.

Off to do a bit of gym hunting today as fed up with having to sprint in this heat very time I come across a dog while running and then have my first lesson at School as part of my ed visa.

Met some great people so far who are helping me find my feet so thanks for the help and advice.
wrighty
Novice
Novice

Post by wrighty »

Thanks some great tip in here and I will be in Hua Hin in the middle of June for a week of golf and nightlife
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Yes as all say above RENT..... Avenue 88 is where I started as well. Spent 2 months there, its not far out. Suggest you buy a scooter instead of rent. Expats sell used ones in awol mag when they piss off home. Should get something good for sub 30k, you save that in under a year of renting. And there is no problem in selling it if plans change. Also you are probably paying 15 to 20 k a month rent out there, just be aware power is on top of that. Its warming up so you will be running the ac around the clock and should expect the power to be an extra 4/5 k Good luck mate