Prescription glasses

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Kongshoej
Novice
Novice

Prescription glasses

Post by Kongshoej »

Which shop is the most reliable and can get you the correct glasses?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Prescription glasses

Post by RCer »

If you need tri-focals, forget it. Otherwise the quality of the prescription lenses seems pretty good across the board.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a central manufacturer making all the lenses for all the shops.

Frame selection seems to vary widely though.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Dr Pairait near Market Village is generally accepted to be one of the best.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I made a mistake buying glasses at a shop on the 2nd floor of Market Village to correct near sight. After they performed their own eye test, they got the prescription wrong twice; they did replace the lenses each time at no cost to me, so all good in the end.

However although the cost was good, the lenses hazed after leaving them in my car over a couple of days - a kind of horizontal crackling effect all over the lenses.

They said: "did you let these lenses get hot"....

After I spoke to both the qualified opthalmologist there and the sales staff at length they replaced them; I now don't leave the glasses in the car during the day, and won't take them to the beach. You gets what you pays for. :(
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Pagey wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am Dr Pairait near Market Village is generally accepted to be one of the best.
He did my exam and prescription for tri-focals then I sent it to the US. More expensive that way, but I have a bad history with progressive lenses.