Where to get a medical certificate

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Where to get a medical certificate

Post by Homer »

Vital Spark wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:02 pm No, sorry, I can't because I left the area a few years ago, and things change.
I've long since gotten used to posters on this site responding to current questions with years old information. C'est la vie.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Homer wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:40 pm
StevePIraq wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:22 pm I need a medical certificate for work, any suggestions where I can go? I don't need anything fancy so BKK Hops, San Paulo, HH Hosp not needed.
Same medical cert no matter where you get it. At BKK hops it's 380b. Last week I was in and out in about 10 minutes. Driving license threads say they can be had for 50b near the Land Transport Offices in Cha-Am and Pranburi but didn't say where. How much is your time worth looking for one of the prolific doctor's clinics?
In Pranburi, drive south on Petkasem from the traffic lights at Tesco. Turn left (east) at the next set of traffic lights (Pranburi city center). The clinic is on the right, about 50 meters from the traffic lights. Cost is 50 baht, as I recall, the “doctor” simply fills out the form and collects the money. I’ve used this form to get my drivers licenses.
ThorS72
Novice
Novice

Post by ThorS72 »

robcar wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:18 pm Dr Samut Clinic on Petchkasem. Opposite side of the road to Soi 80. I only ever pass it early mornings these days but it's still got his signage up.
Yup,.. still good go this one,.. was there sone days ago,.paid 140 baht each certificate,. One for car and one for bike,.. 280 all together.

Thanks,..
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Actually the simple med cert I at first received was not accepted, I was then sent full details for the certificate and I had to go to a hospital as blood test where required. I finally got it from San Paulo for 1,015Baht including lab tests.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
ThorS72
Novice
Novice

Post by ThorS72 »

StevePIraq wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm Actually the simple med cert I at first received was not accepted, I was then sent full details for the certificate and I had to go to a hospital as blood test where required. I finally got it from San Paulo for 1,015Baht including lab tests.
Strange this,.. well it is Thailand and different practices. I went all the way to Prachuap Khiri Khan cos the bike was reg. originally in Bangkok. They accepted my simple med. cert. without any hassle.

Cheers,..
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

In Thailand, the only consistency is inconsistency.
buksida

Post by buksida »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm In Thailand, the only consistency is inconsistency.
Spot on. Also amusing how everything is at least double the price in Hua Hin, and people think they're getting a bargain ... :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm In Thailand, the only consistency is inconsistency.
Spot on. Also amusing how everything is at least double the price in Hua Hin, and people think they're getting a bargain ... :duck:
Are you comparing Hua Hin to Bangkok or other parts of Thailand or Western countries? Not being a smartass, just want to know. I lived in Bangkok for 6 horrible months and I know that rent here is much cheaper than Bangkok. I've been here for 5 years and don't remember food prices in Bangkok. Electricity & water are cheaper here.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Since this thread is about medical certificates I will use that as the example though there are many others. Someone above said it costs 140 baht in Hua Hin (over a grand in SP), someone else said it costs 50 baht in Pranburi for the same thing. In Bangsaphan it is about 80 baht and is accepted, which is also strange since in Hua Hin things accepted elsewhere are often not accepted.

Go figure.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

ThorS72 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 pm
StevePIraq wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm Actually the simple med cert I at first received was not accepted, I was then sent full details for the certificate and I had to go to a hospital as blood test where required. I finally got it from San Paulo for 1,015Baht including lab tests.
Strange this,.. well it is Thailand and different practices. I went all the way to Prachuap Khiri Khan cos the bike was reg. originally in Bangkok. They accepted my simple med. cert. without any hassle.

Cheers,..
It is not strange really. The was not a silly med cert for a driving license or similar. This was a detailed medical examination and certificate that was required for company employment.
In this case the company medical insurance wanted a full medical examination, Urin alaysis, diabetes test, cholesterol, HIV and a few other things only blood tests could give and confirmation of all required vaccinations.

I just wished they had provided the full requirements at the beginning.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali