The best pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Tomahawk
Novice
Novice

The best pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Post by Tomahawk »

Hi,

I have recently moved here and brought with me a stinking cold that I can't seem to shift.

I've been Googling around looking for a big pharmacy but I'm not really getting anywhere.

In Pattaya there is Fascino on Pattaya North Road, in Chiang Mai there is Pharma Care opposite Suan Dok hospital, in Bangkok there are loads of very big, well stocked pharmacies.

Does Hua Hin have one?

Thanks in advance.
Big Boy

Re: The best pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Post by Big Boy »

I think the correct answer is no. Hua Hin doesn't have one, they have many. I think it would be easier if you advised your location within Hua Hin, and people will steer you towards a pharmacy near you.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Pharmacies literally everywhere here, as many of them as there are massage, laundry and beauty salons. I have a few preferred ones but depends where you are. One on the road behind clock tower, cheap, big and good English. One on road right on top of 94 vERy helpful and very good English. Big Chinese one on main road, rude staff but sell EVERYTHING.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

if you are specifically looking for a pharmacy like the ones you mentioned,there is a Fascimo in market village close to tesco lotus,also a Fascimo on basement level of Blueport Mall.
I find a packet of 10 baht "Tiffy",2 tablets in morning 2 at night ,along with a couple of hot toddies does the trick.[whisky,hot water,sugar].
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I like the small pharmacies with an actual phamacist working there.

If you're near Makro, there is one in the row of shops.

Khao Tao, south of Hua Hin has a very good one.

Just go in and explain your symptoms, they will fix you up.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Peopile are always asking for the BEST pharmacy, bar, restaurant, tailor, optician etc--There usually is no BEST ONE--better to ask for in GOOD one and name your location.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

There are literally dozens of pharmacies in Hua Hin. If you're looking for a 'big' one, various major pharmacies are represented in the Market Village and BluPort Malls, where in addition to Fascino which was already mentioned, there are Boots and Watsons pharmacies as well. As for talking to a pharmacist, all the major chains have pharmacists on duty most of the time (occasionally if you go in around mid-day the pharmacist might be on lunch break but they're usually there). Out on Petchkasem road there are loads of pharmacies - on average I'd say one about every 1-200 metres or so. There's definitely no lack of choice.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Many pharmaceutical products require constant storing at or below a certain temperature ( most seem to be 25 deg c) so the pharmacies in the larger malls could be a safer bet than the local corner ones especially if your meds are temp sensitive.
One small shop in Cha-Am I have used for basics rarely has the a/c on during the day and I'm pretty sure it's off evenings too.
Complexity is so simply overrated
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

In Market Village, Boots always has a pharmacist that seems know her stuff. But Fascino is currently the cheapest on most items in MV I think.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lab pharmacy in Bluport, next to Bread Talk on the ground floor is good, if not cheap. They seem to stock stuff others don't, well that's my experience when compared with the others there and in MV. There's also a good well stocked pharmacy in the night market soi that backs onto Chat Chai Market. What I liked there was the fact that without prompting, they offered to order what I was looking for, that they didn't otherwise usually stock.

Thanks for the suggestion above about independent large pharmacies that stock everything - I will put them to the test! :D

With a bit of hunting around, I can generally find what I need, but the cost here is a killer. I still have Korat prices in my mind and can't help but compare and generally shake my head in disbelief at what I have found here.
Talk is cheap
Tomahawk
Novice
Novice

Post by Tomahawk »

Loads of good info there, thank you! I didn't actaully know there was a Fascino here, that will be my first stop in the morning...
lavidaloca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lavidaloca »

I agree with the above comments. Best can be pretty subjective and depends on individual requirements and preferences but there are definitely plenty of good, reliable ones in Hua Hin. I have used Fascino and frequently use Watsons.