Vasectomy anyone?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Re: Vasectomy anyone?

Post by Big Boy »

I'm fairly sure that was a NHS requirement as well. We had to go through counselling sessions, that took longer than the op, first. If you don't have kids, I guess you have to go elsewhere and pay.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Nereus wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 pm Well, TBH I think what they have told you is a load of crap. What happens if you do not have any kids? It is probably some office girl that has no idea, just doing as she has been told.

Email the old man, I guarantee he will sort it out.
Only just read this as I went out and made other arrangements for tomorrow and cancelled my lift to Bkk, however, I have now sent an email as you suggested.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I never had no counseling sessions. My doctor arranged the appointment on asking. Of course he knew I had kids already. Maybe he stated that when making the appointment.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not sure what the UK requirements have to do with Thailand? It is my understanding that K. Mechai started this whole thing way back in 1974, in an attempt to control unwanted pregnancies to start with, and to try and help the control of Aids and other STDs.

As this is TIT it very possible that some do-gooder in the Government has put their 2 Baht's worth in as happens with many other things, and decreed that you must prove that you have had children. I would like to know how this would go down in countries that have civil rights!

Does the same thing apply to women? Long past being an issue with me, but my late wife had her tubes tied without compiling with some "rule", as far as I recall.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:48 pm Not sure what the UK requirements have to do with Thailand?
After you said you couldn't understand the requirement, I was just pointing out that a similar requirement was necessary for a freebie in the UK.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pagey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm
Nereus wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 pm Well, TBH I think what they have told you is a load of crap. What happens if you do not have any kids? It is probably some office girl that has no idea, just doing as she has been told.

Email the old man, I guarantee he will sort it out.
Only just read this as I went out and made other arrangements for tomorrow and cancelled my lift to Bkk, however, I have now sent an email as you suggested.
Good call Nereus, He has replied already, gave me the go ahead and informed me he will be at the clinic all day tomorrow and to call him if I have a problem. :cheers: :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

I did say in my post that i had to show proof of having fathered children, but they never asked me how old they were, although my oldest is 5 nearly 6
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

jingjoe wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm I did say in my post that i had to show proof of having fathered children, but they never asked me how old they were, although my oldest is 5 nearly 6
Yes I noted that and took copies of my son's birth cert away with me in readiness for the op which I was hoping to have last Friday. Fingers crossed now.......

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm
jingjoe wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm I did say in my post that i had to show proof of having fathered children, but they never asked me how old they were, although my oldest is 5 nearly 6
Yes I noted that and took copies of my son's birth cert away with me in readiness for the op which I was hoping to have last Friday. Fingers crossed now.......
If all else fails, I have a proper cut-throat razor and a needle and cotton and a fairly steady hand, so should be ok :duck:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I had a vasectomy when I was 27 in the U.S.. I was single, had no kids, and knew I didn't want any. The doc just made me go away and think about it for a couple of days to make sure that's what I wanted. Upon reflection, I wish I had just gotten castrated instead at the time. It would have saved me about a million dollars over my lifetime... :shock: :D :D :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

JingJoe have you found a place in HH to have your sperm tested when it's due ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Pagey wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 pm JingJoe have you found a place in HH to have your sperm tested when it's due ?
I think that any hospital or private lab (cheaper) could do that. There's a lab on Petchasem a couple of
Soi's north of the Baguette, just before the petrol station.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

OK, I will keep that one in mind, thankyou.

Man in pub circa 1987.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Sperm count is a little tricky--the sample must be fresh and kept at body temp until examined. You cant just walk intoa lab witha container full of semen and expect them to process it. The tech has to be on site--i doubt if walk-in labs can do it,you need a hospital lab-BUT your Dr should be able to direct you.