Vasectomy anyone?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Vasectomy anyone?

Post by 404cameljockey »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 am Ride or drive a car--same day. Ride a M/bike--a few days. ride a pedal bike--at least a week.
oakdale I took myself home after a gastroscopy/endoscopy (that's both ends) and also after a dual Lasik surgery (everything was a funny colour though).

I reckon I can ride my horse home after a vasectomy.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

:lach: :lach: :lach:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My vasectomy came in 2 stages.

Stage 1 I turned up with my brother as I would not be allowed to drive myself home. I laid on the table with every man, woman and their dogs seemingly looking on. The doc took one look, and declared that it was too big a job, and would require a full operation :shock: . I drove myself home.

Stage 2 Turned up at the ward, and was shown to a bed, where I had to put a stupid NHS gown on. With a name like Big Boy I can assure you there was more showing than was covered. Eventually, the porter arrived and I was wheeled down to the theatre (incidentally, the same hospital where they used to film Holby City). I found myself looking up at the fluorescent lights, just as they showed in the TV series.

I'd already been told that I would be kept awake for the procedure.

When we entered the operating theatre, it was nothing like the telly. This was an open plan operating theatre and I could watch other operations going on around me. Then it dawned on me, I was in the centre of the butchers shop with my meat and 2 veg on display to the world. I guess nothing the doctors and nurses hadn't seen before, and everybody else was out for the count.

I'd been promised a pretty nurse to take my mind off of the operation - they lied. I guess it was like being a suicide bomber and the virgins don't turn up. My nurse was pleasant enough, but did not conform to pretty. Now everybody I'd talked to beforehand assured me that it wouldn't hurt - they were all liars. As the doc entered the sac and started pulling away at the various tubes it was agony. Not down below, but I think every tube must have been directly connected to my heart. I reckon it must have been akin to having a heart attack. He'd pull a tube and I'd scream. Pull another, and another scream, etc. I'm not sure how long this went on, but it seemed to take ages, and I had convinced myself I was going to die.

Eventually it was over, and I'd lost all interest in the other operations. They wheeled me back under the same fluorescent lights, and settled me back into bed. Now the bed was only borrowed from somebody having a proper operation that day. At that time it was quite special - it inflated/deflated regularly (quite commonplace these days I believe). I shifted, just as it deflated - oh sh*t I think. Being a big boy, I thought I'd burst the mattress!!! No panic, it eventually inflated again.

Then it was lunch time. I felt quite down because I hadn't ordered anything, and thought I'd have to watch everybody else eat - no problem, Mr X whose bed I was in had ordered lunch - they served me his :D

Eventually, it was time for discharge. My brother turned up, and they basically told me to go. I wasn't even sure if I could walk anymore. I got out of bed very slowly, and got dressed - so far, so good. No pain. I walked to the car, expecting massive discomfort - nothing. That was it basically. I enjoyed a couple of days off work (not because I needed them, but because they told me to).

Only one setback afterwards. I took the family to Cotswold Wildlife Park. I'm not sure how it happened, but my daughter was playing on the ground with my son, when she stood up, she put her shoulder right where the doc had been pulling tubes a few days earlier. Yes, it hurt a lot, and I think the air turned blue :cuss: .

So that's my story. Anybody that tells you it doesn't hurt are liars, it hurts like hell, but afterwards, providing you can avoid shoulders it's no problem. Would I do it again? NO
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Sounds like they forgot the anaesthetic big boy....or maybe they just breed us tougher in australia :duck:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - or maybe you're just another liar :wink:

Seriously, there was absolutely no pain down below. However, the doc seemed to be enjoying pulling my strings - every tug gave me significant chest pains. I guess the key was LOCAL anaesthetic. Maybe the first doc saw something out of the ordinary, which made him declare that it was too big a job, and the chest pain was the result. Whatever, it was pain like I've never experienced before.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 pm LOL - or maybe you're just another liar :wink:

Seriously, there was absolutely no pain down below. However, the doc seemed to be enjoying pulling my strings - every tug gave me significant chest pains. I guess the key was LOCAL anaesthetic. Maybe the first doc saw something out of the ordinary, which made him declare that it was too big a job, and the chest pain was the result. Whatever, it was pain like I've never experienced before.
is that how you really got you're nickname Neal?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, but it's a great ego boost when everybody's looking at your bits, and the doc declares it's too big a job for him :D

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Maybe you should have gone up to Yorkshire? There is a well known Vet at Skeldale. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Anyone know of any accommodation in Soi 12, close to the clinic ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Just rang the clinic and you have to have fathered a child who is at least 5 years old and provide a copy of the birth certificate before they will do the op.

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Pagey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:19 pm Just rang the clinic and you have to have fathered a child who is at least 5 years old and provide a copy of the birth certificate before they will do the op.
Obviously once again a rule for Thais given the falling birth rate here. They really need to separate Thais from foreigners and use common sense when making up some of their rules. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Pagey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:19 pm Just rang the clinic and you have to have fathered a child who is at least 5 years old and provide a copy of the birth certificate before they will do the op.
Send an email to the following and tell them K. Mechai Viravaidya, the founder and owner of the clinic wants to know why that rule applies to Farangs!

http://site.pda.or.th/e_contact.htm

edit: send it direct to him. He is a really nice bloke and speaks perfect English.

http://www.mechaifoundation.org/
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Pagey wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:20 am Anyone know of any accommodation in Soi 12, close to the clinic ?
There are 2 of these places, 1 in Soi 4 and this one in Soi 6. Easy walk to the clinic.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/location.htm
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks Nereus , I was going to stay overnight last Thursday as I was transiting through Bkk and have the op last Friday but discovered at the last minute that they were closed on Friday.

So I had arranged a ride there tomorrow morning with a taxi back to HH straight after the op, rang to confirm all was OK at the clinic but they say your children must be at least 5 years old, mine isn't 5 until May next year.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, TBH I think what they have told you is a load of crap. What happens if you do not have any kids? It is probably some office girl that has no idea, just doing as she has been told.

Email the old man, I guarantee he will sort it out.