Dental implants..

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Dental implants..

Post by V4281051 »

Can anyone give me a recommendation where to have a dental implant in Hua Hin ? How many visits to a dentist would this take over what timeframe..Why I ask is if I have to add on the cost of air fares from the UK the cost may be more in Thailand than the UK..?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Dental implants..

Post by handdrummer »

contact S Smile. the dentist is excellent, speaks enough English and the office staff are very helpful. that being said I doubt that, factoring in airfare, you would save any money by coming here. the price of health care in Thailand is rising and it's not, with a few exceptions, world standard. if you really want to have inplants done here you may be better off looking in Bangkok, the quality of work is generally better and the prices more flexible. if you're set on Hua Hin then S Smile is my first choice. others may recommend different dentists, it all depends on one's experience.
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Post by V4281051 »

Thanks for your reply..Just thought about Hua hin because my wife has a house there..
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Perfect Smile is an excellent dental clinic... Great prices and good english... I had my Thai wife in need of a root canal in the USA @$2500... I flew her home to HH to get it done, they actually did a 2nd one that really was needed but not causing major issues... Airfare 2 root canals and we still save $500USD ($3000 if you consider the 2nd RC at USD price)... Plus she got to see her family, spend sometime in our house there... So I would say prices in Thailand are much more reasonable for sure!!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would endorse Perfect Smile, if for nothing else, their fantastic bedside manner.

I'm terrified of the dentist - probably Big Baby rather than Big Boy. They realised this, and were so gentle with me. I wouldn't consider anywhere else.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
jandal33
Novice
Novice

Post by jandal33 »

Hi, Im just recovering from dental implants day 10 now and the stitches are coming out today. It certainly isn't a walk in the park with swelling and discomfort. Infection control, no smoking and drinking is a big issue for the success of implants so I chose to have the first stage done in Australia being able relax to recover in the comfort of my own home.
This stage will take 3-6 months to heal before the implants are capped. Then I will probably have the rest done in Bangkok at one of the well established hospitals.
I have had previous dental treatment. root canal and crowns in Bangkok and have been very happy with the quality of the work.
Good Luck with yours.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

jandal33 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 am Hi, Im just recovering from dental implants day 10 now and the stitches are coming out today. It certainly isn't a walk in the park with swelling and discomfort. Infection control, no smoking and drinking is a big issue for the success of implants so I chose to have the first stage done in Australia being able relax to recover in the comfort of my own home.
This stage will take 3-6 months to heal before the implants are capped. Then I will probably have the rest done in Bangkok at one of the well established hospitals.
I have had previous dental treatment. root canal and crowns in Bangkok and have been very happy with the quality of the work.
Good Luck with yours.
Can you recommend a dentist in Bangkok ,please ?

:cheers: :cheers:
lavidaloca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lavidaloca »

I'm not too sure with regards to dental implants in Hua Hin. I think the local clinics are fine for simple procedures but Bangkok is a more popular destination for a dental holiday. I highly recommend Thantakit Dental Center in Bangkok. I had root canal treatments and crown replacement with them, and I'm completely satisfied. My dentist spoke fluent English and most of their dentists were trained abroad. Google it up. They're quite popular in the field of dental implants and Invisalign, and I believe they also arrange dental packages with hotel accommodation. Cheers.
jandal33
Novice
Novice

Post by jandal33 »

Dr. Artorn Suthiwarapirak DDS.,MSc.,

DDS. (2nd Class Honors), , Chulalongkorn University
MSc., Prosthodontics, Chulalongkorn University
Higher Graduate Diploma in Dental Implant Prosthodontics, Mahidol University

http://dentalsignature.com/team/dr-arto ... warapirak/

I highly recommend Dr Arton. He completed my crowns and they are perfect in every way. He pays great attention to detail, ie fit, colour match and takes time to explain.