Arthritis Hand Tools

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Arthritis Hand Tools

Post by StevePIraq »

I know an elderly guy who has severe arthritis in his hands and he needs some gadgets to help him.

Does anyone know where I could buy anything, he especially struggles to open bottles, cans and the likes. Lazada don't have much in this way and I haven't found anything in MV. There was all kinds of stuff available in the UK as so many people have Arthritis.
2.jpg
2.jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (4.49 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Arthritis Hand Tools

Post by barrys »

Sorry, I don't know of any gadgets available there...
... but, for screw tops and small jars, wedging them between the door and doorjamb works pretty well...
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

My first thought was an oil filter removal tool but if you look on Lazada using the search "jar opener" in the kitchen section they have some items that may be suitable working similarly to the middle of the items in the photos.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Perfect ... 07f0c12e75 On aliexpress using arthritis tool in the search box might be useful.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Problem loading link
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

It loaded okay on my ipad so not sure but if you go to aliexpress.com and search using arthritis tool it is amongst the items on the first page of the results.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

barrys wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm Sorry, I don't know of any gadgets available there...
... but, for screw tops and small jars, wedging them between the door and doorjamb works pretty well...
This was the way we did it when I was a kid, the problem is carrying the door around with you.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Thanks guys I found the tools on Lazada, my mistake was looking under health and not kitchen. When looking under health I got lost in the condoms and lube. Actually some of those tools on Lazada could well be sex toys, oh dear there I go again down that dark Soi.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I realise this is an old thread but it's worth saying, a lot of people don't know to take a butter knife, stick it in between the jar and the lid and give the knife a small twist - breaks the air seal.

:)
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Me too, just saw this. I have the same problem and it gets resolved quickly with a thin, circular piece of round rubber type material about 5 1/2 inches in diameter. She made he own out of the stuff you put under rugs to keep them in place.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

T.I.G.R. wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:15 pm Me too, just saw this. I have the same problem and it gets resolved quickly with a thin, circular piece of round rubber type material about 5 1/2 inches in diameter. She made he own out of the stuff you put under rugs to keep them in place.
Yes that's right, just put it over the lid and use it to help your leverage as you twist. Still needs some oompfh, but not as much. :)