Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm There are at least one that sells e-cigs devices and liquids at the Grand Night Market. My wife bought hers there.
Correct :D

Yes, we were down that way this evening, and he was able to buy some different flavours.

Thank you very much, he's a happy bunny now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

prcscct wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:32 pm Have you tried that in mouth liquid device that your wife uses? It could be a possibility if nothing else can help. Pete :cheers:
Not available in Thailand. Thankfully, she weaned herself off that before we moved to Thailand.

Points 41; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Aftonbladet (http://www.aftonbladet.se/) is a major tabloid in Sweden. Maybe they read this forum because today they warn people that bringing electronic cigarettes to Thailand can result in ten years in prison.

Article in Swedish: http://www.aftonbladet.se/resa/a/42j7V/ ... s-fangelse
Google translated: https://translate.google.se/translate?s ... edit-text=
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

StevePIraq wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm Bring them at your peril.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/ ... -jail-term
I don't know how it's build, but I guess can be separated in 2 parts. Very easy to hide in your luggage, NOT in handbag.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Enjoy your 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't know how it's build, but I guess can be separated in 2 parts. Very easy to hide in your luggage, NOT in handbag.
PLEASE don't take this guy's advice.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Why risk being arrested at the airport when you simply buy one once you get out of the airport and you go to any of many popular parts of Bangkok or beyond?

You could pass through immigration with an e-cig 1,000 times and never get stopped, but it only takes on bit of bad luck, and you could be eating slop out of a bucket for the next several years.

Oh, and if I did want to bring one in with me, I would not attempt to conceal it because in doing so, you are openly admitting the fact that you knew you were not allowed to bring it into the country with you.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

But then again why risk doing or using something like an e cigarette when there is such a harsh penalty. Just abide by the law and enjoy things as best you can.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes I agree 100%, but I also get the impression that this is not a law which is being enforced other than by customs officials at airports. I have seen countless Thais puffing away openly in public, including one guy who was sitting and drinking a beer at a shop owned by a policeman who happened to be there at the time, along with a few of his police friends.

But like you say, if they are illegal and you use them, then you are essentially making yourself a soft target in a situation where the consequences can be pretty damn severe.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just back after seeing my brother off at the airport. First question asked after the usual formalities was, "Are you carrying illegal goods such as electronic cigarettes?"

Points 41; Position 18
stoneybridge
Novice
Novice

Post by stoneybridge »

Just to add, I've traveled 3 times this year to Bangkok from the uk, each time had an ecig in my hand luggage and tons of liquid in carry on, not had any trouble and openly vaped in the airport and about the islands..........though didn't know the laws and certainly wont be bringing anything next week when i come again lol.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And for every success story there's one who got relieved of a wad of cash, or worse. Not worth the hassle.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

stoneybridge wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 am Just to add, I've traveled 3 times this year to Bangkok from the uk, each time had an ecig in my hand luggage and tons of liquid in carry on, not had any trouble and openly vaped in the airport and about the islands..........though didn't know the laws and certainly wont be bringing anything next week when i come again lol.
Look forward to your next post from the Bangkok Hilton
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am I'm just back after seeing my brother off at the airport. First question asked after the usual formalities was, "Are you carrying illegal goods such as electronic cigarettes?"
And what was the answer ?
And did the custom officer check the luggage ?