Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by HHTel »

:clap:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm The real question should be; "should you be using those things at all".
That's funny - you thought you were his mother.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

:lach:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

the reason you can't bring them here is that if you bring them you won't have to buy them and Thailand loses money. ipso facto, you can buy them here but only thais are allowed to smoke them. makes sense to me.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

RCer wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 pm Easy to hide such a small thing in your luggage. My friends did, no problem.
Telling people how to break the law, great idea.
Any law can be broken and specially a stupid law. This law is issued by dead brain civil servants. E-Cig. are allowed worldwide.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

BANNED:
Argentina
Brazil
Brunei
Cambodia
Indonesia
Jordan
Oman
Qatar
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand
United Arab Emirates
Uruguay
Venezuala

Worldwide acceptance eh?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Only 14 countries....Uruguay : Marijuana can be bought in tobacco shops.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

However, their laws are no different to those in Thailand. No display of tobacco products, health warnings, advertising etc.
I'm not saying these countries enforce their laws so what's new. Albeit to say that the list is growing even though the reasons are often ludicrous.

These are the reasons behind the ban in Uroguay:
The reasons cited by the Minister of Health show lack of information on personal vaporizers: she stated that however small the amount, there is still nicotine present [in the e-liquids, i guess]; she also mentioned the presence of toxic ethylglycol gas in the vapor and the lack of proof that personal vaporizers work as an effective treatment for the cessation of tobacco consumption.

And I agree the reasons verge on nonsensical.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mercy Mission Request

My brother is visiting at the moment, and he was deterred from bringing his last week by the threat of 10 years imprisonment if caught. He now finds he can't live without it. He's even tried cigarettes, but even they don't give him the right buzz anymore.

We've been to top floor of Market Village this morning, but was told they don't sell them anymore. Either:

- We went to the wrong place. Can somebody give a precise location; or

- Does somebody know where else he might find them on sale?

I haven't seen him for over 5 years, and he's turning out to be a right grumpy git.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Have you tried that in mouth liquid device that your wife uses? It could be a possibility if nothing else can help. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am Mercy Mission Request

My brother is visiting at the moment, and he was deterred from bringing his last week by the threat of 10 years imprisonment if caught. He now finds he can't live without it. He's even tried cigarettes, but even they don't give him the right buzz anymore.

We've been to top floor of Market Village this morning, but was told they don't sell them anymore. Either:

I haven't seen him for over 5 years, and he's turning out to be a right grumpy git.
When I saw it for sale last year it was on a stall near the games section in front of a coffee place. They sold binoculars, knives and various dangerous looking stuff.
Or he could go old school and sniff some thai snuff. You can get this from most street pharamcys and it will give a nicotine kick. https://goo.gl/images/WEMrDD
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am

Don't know if this is the place you went to, but it's on the top floor of MV at the cinema end.
It's not a shop, it's a small market type stall at the top of the escalators on the left hand side if you are heading towards the cinema.
It sounds like the same place as Nil mentioned in the previous post.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am Mercy Mission Request

I am a smoker, a real one, I never used and will not use E-Cig. Ask to street sellers at Binta, thy will not have but they can supply within 24 or 48 hours. If not try Bangkok Sukhumvit or Chinatown.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

There are at least one that sells e-cigs devices and liquids at the Grand Night Market. My wife bought hers there.
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Panic over - I think. A friend has kindly donated him one - a true life saver. :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18