Importing Nicorette Gum to Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Importing Nicorette Gum to Thailand

Post by Name Taken »

I have been receiving packages of 4 milligram Nicorette Gum from the U.S. for the entire 10 years that I have lived in Thailand.
I need the Nicorette Gum because I am very worried that I would start smoking cigarettes again if I were to stop taking the Nicorette Gum.
Today my girlfriend went to the Thai Post Office to pick up the package containing the Nicorette Gum and she was told that Nicorette Gum can not be sent by mail and she was threatened with jail time.
As I said I have been receiving Nicorette Gum through the mail for 10 Years and I have never had any problem picking up my mail package containing Nicorette Gum from the Thai Post Office NOT EVEN ONCE!
I am very upset by this.
This country needs to start exercising a lot more common sense and it needs to be a lot more consistent and a lot less Chaotic.
If this kind of behavior continues I will formerly file a complaint with the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.
This country is seriously INSANE! sometimes. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Big Boy

Re: Nicorette Gum

Post by Big Boy »

Did they give a reason why it can't be sent by post anymore; and more importantly, when did the postman obtain powers of internment?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Pharmacy near Makro has it. Why import?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote:Did they give a reason why it can't be sent by post anymore; and more importantly, when did the postman obtain powers of internment?
They said because it contains Nicotine.
Like I said I've been receiving packages every 3-4 months from the U.S. containing the Nicorette Gum and I've never once had a problem with picking up the package from the Thai Post Office. :?
buksida

Post by buksida »

My neighbour buys an entire box of it (30 odd packages) at a time from Amazon at half the price they charge here. Last shipment arrived fine.

Edit: we don't live in Hua Hin ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

RCer wrote:Pharmacy near Makro has it. Why import?
What's the name of the Pharmacy? and do they have the 100 count/pieces boxes?
And can you please post a picture of the Nicorette Gum that the Pharmacy sells.
Last edited by Name Taken on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

buksida wrote:My neighbour buys an entire box of it (30 odd packages) at a time from Amazon at half the price they charge here. Last shipment arrived fine.

:thumb:

Maybe they were just having a bad day or something, but I am going to continue having Nicorette Gum sent to me by mail from the U.S. unless I can find the exact same 'Nicorette Gum' that I order from the U.S. for sale here in Thailand and I don't remember ever seeing it for sale anywhere in Thailand.
I don't live in Hua Hin either, which I have mentioned in previous posts already.
Last edited by Name Taken on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I can't remember the exact details but I remember a few years ago, when my wife was holidaying here alone, she was running out of a Nicorette product. I asked somebody who was travelling to Thailand to take a top up with them for her. They checked it out, and were told that it wasn't permitted.

Fortunately, she managed to ration her supplies until she got back to the UK. Here we are, many years later, and she's still off the dreaded weed :D .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Name Taken wrote:
RCer wrote:Pharmacy near Makro has it. Why import?
What's the name of the Pharmacy? and do they have the 100 count/pieces boxes?
And can you please post a picture of the Nicorette Gum that the Pharmacy sells.
Can't miss the pharmacy if you go to Makro in Hua Hin. (I see you don't live in Hua Hin, so might be worth asking around) Its named Sawasdee.

They stock 2mg but you can order 4mg. They get their stocks on Wednesday.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The nicotine gum product the pharmacies sell over my way in Rayong is named NICOTINELL, imported by Novartis Thailand, manufactured in Denmark. 2mg 96 pieces per box, 780 Baht. They tell us they don't import 4mg. I had success with Nicorette from Amazon.com several years ago but Customs seized a shipment and Amazon won't send it to my address any longer. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Thanks for that information Pete.
I have to say that I am very picky about what I put into my body and what I eat.
Pesronally, I don't know if I would be willing to try that 'NICOTINELL' product.
The Nicotine Gum product that I use is named 'Nicorette Gum' and it is 4 milligram Fresh Mint flavored and it is Made in Sweden and is distributed by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, L.P. Moon Township, PA U.S.A.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Novartis is a huge worldwide pharma company. Below is website. I'm sure their products are ok. Pete :cheers:

http://www.nicotinell.com/

https://www.novartis.com/

EDIT: I brought a load of Nicorette back from California several months ago. When gone I use the Nicotinell. Hasn't killed me. One tip for Nicotinell is to keep it in the frig. It's sensitive to temps over 27c.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Denmark is very strict about products,so I wouldnt be nervous about it.

:cheers: :cheers:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

prcscct wrote:Novartis is a huge worldwide pharma company. Below is website. I'm sure their products are ok. Pete :cheers:

http://www.nicotinell.com/

https://www.novartis.com/

EDIT: I brought a load of Nicorette back from California several months ago. When gone I use the Nicotinell. Hasn't killed me. One tip for Nicotinell is to keep it in the frig. It's sensitive to temps over 27c.
GlaxoSmithKline is also a huge worldwide pharma company and I have never had to keep Nicorette Gum in my refrigerator.

:cheers:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

buksida wrote:My neighbour buys an entire box of it (30 odd packages) at a time from Amazon at half the price they charge here. Last shipment arrived fine.

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon as well, I have a friend in the U.S. buy the items from Amazon in the U.S. and then my friend mails the items to me here in Thailand.
You would think businesses here in Thailand would try to compete with Amazon and take away some of Amazon's profits but businesses here in Thailand really don't seem to care at all. Oh Well, more money and profit for Amazon.
I will also say that Amazon is a much easier and much less stressful 'shopping experience' than actually going to a shopping mall here in Thailand trying to find what you need and putting up with rude Thai salespeople/staff. Too many incidents of rude Thai salespeople/staff to even mention in this post.