Importing Nicorette Gum to Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Nicorette Gum

Post by RCer »

Name Taken wrote:
buksida wrote:My neighbour buys an entire box of it (30 odd packages) at a time from Amazon at half the price they charge here. Last shipment arrived fine.

Edit: we don't live in Hua Hin ...
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon as well, I have a friend in the U.S. buy the items from Amazon in the U.S. and then my friend mails the items to me here in Thailand.
Isn't this quite expensive in terms of import duties and shipping?
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Name Taken wrote:I have to say that I am very picky about what I put into my body and what I eat.
Pesronally, I don't know if I would be willing to try that 'NICOTINELL' product.
Here in Sweden i guess that every pharmacy sell both brands. In my book it's like Singha or Chang, two major brands and rather similar. Some prefer one brand and other prefers the other brand. In Sweden there are very strict regulations regarding drugs and I'm completely convinced that if something is sold in a Swedish pharmacy, it's OK.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Ralfredo wrote: Here in Sweden i guess that every pharmacy sell both brands. In my book it's like Singha or Chang, two major brands and rather similar. Some prefer one brand and other prefers the other brand. In Sweden there are very strict regulations regarding drugs and I'm completely convinced that if something is sold in a Swedish pharmacy, it's OK.
:agree:

Both brands in their various forms are widely available in the UK too.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

RCer wrote:
Name Taken wrote:
buksida wrote:My neighbour buys an entire box of it (30 odd packages) at a time from Amazon at half the price they charge here. Last shipment arrived fine.

Edit: we don't live in Hua Hin ...
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon as well, I have a friend in the U.S. buy the items from Amazon in the U.S. and then my friend mails the items to me here in Thailand.
Isn't this quite expensive in terms of import duties and shipping?
Nah, It's not too bad.
The reason I use Amazon to buy stuff is because the products that I buy on Amazon are not available in Thailand.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote:Did they give a reason why it can't be sent by post anymore; and more importantly, when did the postman obtain powers of internment?
Just to clarify after talking with my girlfriend, this entire incident happened because the package was seized by the dreaded Thai Customs and Duties Ministry/Department/Whatever and I guess they do have powers of internment.
PeteC

Re: Importing Nicorette Gum to Thailand

Post by PeteC »

^ Yes. When they finally cracked down on my shipments from Amazon, they said I would now need an import license as it's a drug item. I think all this happened around the time they banned those nicotine vapor/water pipe devices. I guess everything got lumped into one category. Pete

EDIT: Everything was sent back and a refund issued by Amazon. Haven't tried import since.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Importing Nicorette Gum to Thailand

Post by Name Taken »

prcscct wrote:^ Yes. When they finally cracked down on my shipments from Amazon, they said I would now need an import license as it's a drug item. I think all this happened around the time they banned those nicotine vapor/water pipe devices. I guess everything got lumped into one category. Pete

EDIT: Everything was sent back and a refund issued by Amazon. Haven't tried import since.
That's really stupid and ridiculous. So do people now need an import license when they bring a bottle of Aspirin into the country in their luggage bag?