Adhesive Nasal Strips...

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Adhesive Nasal Strips...

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi,,,Anyone know where I can buy the sticky nose strips that help with breathing at night. I use a brand called Breathe Right,,anybody use these or similar and where to buy in HH, or I can order online within Thailand?

Cheers GN
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Adhesive Nasal Strips...

Post by Homer »

I buy these: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/imas ... 7058h0000/
Less expensive than Breathe Right, work just as well for my size nose (it aint a big one). Delivery cost for 5 boxes was 490 THB. I've never been charged duty.

Never tried this variety or from this shop, but they cost substantially less: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/athl ... /e357812h/
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks Homer,, worth knowing about those. :cheers: GN
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Green Nomad wrote:Thanks Homer,, worth knowing about those. :cheers: GN
You're welcome. If you do find a source in Thailand for Breathe Right or similar, would you post it here or PM me?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Green Nomad :D If you cannot find them in a shop in Thailand, Lazada stock them.

http://www.lazada.co.th/breathe-right/

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Been using them for over 10 years now and they work GREAT! Have read in reviews that off brand strips are not as sticky as Breathrite brand. Will be going to the U.S. in Sept. and will stock up with a years supply of them ordering from Amazon.com. Might be possible to have them shipped from U.S. to Thailand through Amazon but don't know if possible or price. Ones on Lazada were only medium and quite expensive with only 12 per package being in 3 pack.

When nose gets stuffed up they are the only way I can breath without snoring.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

I used adhesive nasal strips for a few months but switched to an alternative, as manufactured by Rhinomed Limited labelled "Mute - breathe more snore less".
They are a silicon "nasal device" consisting of 2 connected silicone rings which insert into nostrils - opening up the airway passage.
I use medium size, as the small are really very small and the large are really very large. All sizes can be adjusted using tiny ratchets on the rings.
They come in packs of three (by coincidence).
The recommendation is 10 uses, but I wash and re-use, so still on my first packet - they don't seem to wear out or degrade. (Really I'm on my second pack as the first pack was a 'trial pack' with the 3 sizes, of which I could only use the medium.)
I prefer the "nasal device" as easy to keep in a small container next to bed, and insert or remove easily anytime during the night, the strips are comparatively more difficult to install and remove.
BTW I had an out patient procedure to enlarge one smaller nostril passageway by cauterising the flesh locally, but did not seem to improve breathing.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

JohnD wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 am I used adhesive nasal strips for a few months but switched to an alternative, as manufactured by Rhinomed Limited labelled "Mute - breathe more snore less".
They are a silicon "nasal device" consisting of 2 connected silicone rings which insert into nostrils - opening up the airway passage.
I use medium size, as the small are really very small and the large are really very large. All sizes can be adjusted using tiny ratchets on the rings.
They come in packs of three (by coincidence).
The recommendation is 10 uses, but I wash and re-use, so still on my first packet - they don't seem to wear out or degrade. (Really I'm on my second pack as the first pack was a 'trial pack' with the 3 sizes, of which I could only use the medium.)
I prefer the "nasal device" as easy to keep in a small container next to bed, and insert or remove easily anytime during the night, the strips are comparatively more difficult to install and remove.
BTW I had an out patient procedure to enlarge one smaller nostril passageway by cauterising the flesh locally, but did not seem to improve breathing.
Discarded all my nasal strips about a year ago, for a packet of 3 medium sized silicone inserts:

Opened up my spare packet of "Mute" today.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks Guys,,its been awhile since I posted this thread. Still been having problems finding. Just had a trip to Japan and found them for sale in a pharmacy there, bought a whole bag full. Anyway thanks to Khundon1975 for Lazada suggestion will give it a try and order one box, a bit pricey but I am desperate to get a regular source. Maybe take a look at the Rhinomed device idea suggested by John D.

Thanks again everyone GN. :thumb:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Coincidentally I just ordered a 6 month supply of strips from the US off ebay. Cost 48 cents each, including shipping. Lazada cost 73 cents each, not including shipping. No contest. Never tried in-nose device. I'd probably lose them.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I have a good supply of Chin-UP Strips which I bought from Snore Calm in the UK. I do not need them and they are in the original sealed package.I am not sure of the number but perhaps 200 plus. If of interest to anybody please send me a Private Message
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.