Hua Hin Hospital Express Service - Highly Recommended

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Hospital Express Service - Highly Recommended

Post by hhfarang »

My missus needs to see a doctor for what appears to be a fairly minor, but recurring condition. I tried to get her to go to HH hospital and she doesn't want to sit there all day, so instead she's waiting until tomorrow and will try to find a clinic.

According to her, this express service is only available to foreigners... she has tried to pay extra twice now to get this faster service and was denied. Has anyone else had experience like this.... and would it be different if I went with her? Would they then let her use the express service simply because she is married to a foreigner?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

hhfarang wrote:My missus needs to see a doctor for what appears to be a fairly minor, but recurring condition. I tried to get her to go to HH hospital and she doesn't want to sit there all day, so instead she's waiting until tomorrow and will try to find a clinic.

According to her, this express service is only available to foreigners... she has tried to pay extra twice now to get this faster service and was denied. Has anyone else had experience like this.... and would it be different if I went with her? Would they then let her use the express service simply because she is married to a foreigner?
The sign at the little office clearly says (or did) say for Foreigners and Thais alike. I use it regularly and my wife (Thai) has used several times.

I would be very surprised if now for foreigners only. Anyone else experienced this?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ What "little office"? My wife just asked at the front check-in desk for the express service and they told her she couldn't use it.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

hhfarang wrote:^ What "little office"? My wife just asked at the front check-in desk for the express service and they told her she couldn't use it.
When you walk into the main front entrance, there is a couple of nurses sitting on the right side taking details and blood pressure. Just past them is a small office. I think it has a sign saying "Special Services".
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think the sign refers to Foreign Customer Desk, or something like that. A glass fronted office from memory.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just a point. We've been in an evening, and they do an out of hours service for 100 Baht extra - very quick.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

bapak wrote:
hhfarang wrote:^ What "little office"? My wife just asked at the front check-in desk for the express service and they told her she couldn't use it.
When you walk into the main front entrance, there is a couple of nurses sitting on the right side taking details and blood pressure
Yes, those nurses are who she asked if she could use express service for an extra fee and they told her no.
I think the sign refers to Foreign Customer Desk
Exactly; she is not a foreigner so that's why the nurses told her she could not use the service. I have used it before so I knew they had express service. That's why I told her to use it.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think one of the few positives about BKK HH opening is that the services at HHH and atSP have improved.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:
Big boy wrote:I think the sign refers to Foreign Customer Desk
Exactly; she is not a foreigner so that's why the nurses told her she could not use the service. I have used it before so I knew they had express service. That's why I told her to use it.
Which is why I added the subsequent post about the express out of hours service. That is definitely for Thais as it's Mrs BB who has used it. Wouldn't a Sunday be considered out of hours?

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

As I recall, the sign in English refers to foreigners, but in Thai it just says express. In any case, when going in for treatment you go to window 3 (on left through main entrance) and say what your problem is. You also tell them if you want the express service. They will book you into the system and advise where to go. The nurses on the right don't usually know much about anything outside their own duties, in my experience.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Sorry! Just realised what day it is. I don't think the express/foreigner service is available at weekends. Maybe BB's suggested out of hours service is, though the last time I went on a Sunday I waited about 90 minutes in the standard system.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

hhinner wrote:As I recall, the sign in English refers to foreigners, but in Thai it just says express. In any case, when going in for treatment you go to window 3 (on left through main entrance) and say what your problem is. You also tell them if you want the express service. They will book you into the system and advise where to go. The nurses on the right don't usually know much about anything outside their own duties, in my experience.
I / We have always gone directly to the special office... and have been taken care of immediate.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

hhfarang wrote:.... and would it be different if I went with her?
It worked for me.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My wife was told that she could use the Express Service, but then wouldn't be eligible for the 30 Baht scheme.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's ok as my wife is not on the 30 baht scheme here as she is registered at the home address we own in Loei Province.