Busting the fat myth

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Busting the fat myth

Post by Takiap »

Here's a link to a recent newspaper article. It will be interesting to see what others think about.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... eries.html
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: Busting the fat myth

Post by sand_dancer »

Takiap wrote:Here's a link to a recent newspaper article. It will be interesting to see what others think about.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... eries.html
Takiap

Here is a simplified version of my thoughts.......

The vast majority of " Scientists "...... Rely on Government funding...... It is in their best interests to peddle fear.... To obtain that funding.....

Over the past 30 years..... The breakthrough's in nutritional evaluation have been massive......

So....... Why is the world getting fatter.......?

In simple terms...... Those that are getting fatter....... Are eating too much...... And not moving enough......

Getting them to admit that...... Would be nothing short of a miracle..... If you believe in miracles.....

:cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

:agree:

Notice how the slim Thai waifs from Isaan bloat after a few months in a bar eating more fatty foods and no labour intensive rural work

Notice the Thai kids with rich mum and dads who bloat out now cos they frequent Burger Kings, KFC an McDonald's
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

richard wrote::agree:

Notice how the slim Thai waifs from Isaan bloat after a few months in a bar eating more fatty foods and no labour intensive rural work

Notice the Thai kids with rich mum and dads who bloat out now cos they frequent Burger Kings, KFC an McDonald's
Richard

:agree: To a certain extent.....
and no labour intensive rural work
......is the crux of the problem.....
Again...... Is it is more to do with inactivity..... Than what is eaten......

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

True

Most of the western world spend more time watching a tv, playing computer games, driving instead of walking and eating all the wrong foods. Then they will always blame genetics, heriditory ailments etc. Head in the sand approach IMO
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

richard wrote:True

Most of the western world spend more time watching a tv, playing computer games, driving instead of walking and eating all the wrong foods. Then they will always blame genetics, heriditory ailments etc. Head in the sand approach IMO
Richard

That is exactly the problem......

We..... In the West..... Are not allowed to say..... Listen Fattie...... Get off your @ss and move......

Which is a shame......

Its a really easy concept....... Eat less..... Move more......
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Takiap wrote:It will be interesting to see what others think about.....
Where's your view? Avoiding the squishy-tomato throwers?

What took them so long? Heretics have been pointing out for years, the high cholesterol theory was a multi-billion $ fraud. Spawning a massive low-fat food industry, providing employment and riches to the medical profession and stupendous drug sales to 'Big Pharma'. Nice to see some vindication. How many millions have been harmed or killed by these 'misinterpreted' studies?
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

I lost 30 pounds in 10 weeks, while "vacationing" in Hua Hin, (starting on January 1st). I used the following methods: Paleo Diet, Intermittent Fasting and HITT. Here are some links and related articles:

http://naturalnutmeg.com/caveman-diet-v ... 99s-right/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08 ... t-fasting/

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitnes ... ining.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/98212 ... abits.html

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/obesity-in-adults

I did Intermittent fasting and Paleo four days in a row, then had a cheat day where I ate anything and everything, anytime. I did two, strenuous, 1/2 hour exercise sessions, per day. After 10 weeks I went back to eating more normally, but healthier, and only did light jogging: I gained five pounds back by August (too much rice and beer), went back to the program and lost the 5 in two weeks. Blood work shows all of my levels are in the normal range, and my weight to height ratio is good (5'9 and 163 lbs). Pensioner.

I had a lot of haters when I did this "program" (mostly fat bastards)... but it works for me. I have never felt better. (I am not a health professional: Don't do this without your doctors advice.)
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sand_dancer wrote: Again...... Is it is more to do with inactivity..... Than what is eaten......

Having lived in China for 13 odd years and seen the 1st Mc D's open in Chongqing, I can certainly say it's a hell of a lot to do with what's eaten..... the changes have been quite incredible.

That said, I can also agree that kids (well, also adults) these days are far more inactive....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

We..... In the West..... Are not allowed to say..... Listen Fattie...... Get off your @ss and move......
Interestingly though, I think things are beginning to swing back the other way in the West. I have many colleagues here in Europe between the ages of 20 and 30, very few of them are overweight and I would say that almost all of them do some kind of regular exercise, which wasn't the case when I was that age in the 1980's and a surprising number of them are doing pretty extreme exercise such as triathlon, long distance running and road race cycling.
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

It is a Hell of a lot easier to not EAT an extra 500 calories, than to BURN those 500 calories. Here is a burn calculator than will get your attention. Jesus didn't get those abs from doing crunches. It was days since his ... "Last Supper".

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Eat less and exercise more is too simplistic. The fake sugars are a prime cause of obesity. After 6 months of trying fancy coffees and condensed milk shakes, I started to see weight gain around the middle. For someone who has always struggled to gain weight and could eat like a horse, this gain was dramatic. These 'foods' are also highly addictive, designed to get you to eat more.

Don't eat less. Cut them out all together.

Disclaimer: Qualified Doctors whose ongoing education is provided by food giants and drug companies and who dispense toxic synthetic chemical agents, based on unproven theories and manipulated studies, that have harmed and killed millions and which cannot cure the myriad of chronic and degenerative disorders afflicting modern man, really should listen more to unqualified advice. :rasta:

Don't forget now. The Doctor knows best.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

You just cannot help yourself.....

Takiap wrote.....
It will be interesting to see what others think about.....
You wrote.....
Where's your view?
He asked for others view's...... Never said that he would contribute his own...... Although he probably will....
Eat less and exercise more is too simplistic
I know...... That's why I said.....
Here is a simplified version of my thoughts
The simplistic.....Basic mechanics....... Are correct...... Eat less..... Move more.....

You said......
Don't eat less. Cut them out all together.
Why.....? No need to cut anything out....... Moderation is the key......

And then came.....
Disclaimer: Qualified Doctors whose ongoing education is provided by food giants and drug companies and who dispense toxic synthetic chemical agents, based on unproven theories and manipulated studies, that have harmed and killed millions and which cannot cure the myriad of chronic and degenerative disorders afflicting modern man, really should listen more to unqualified advice. :rasta:
You really should look in the mirror...... And take heed of your own advice......
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Mr P suffers from that debilitating computer keyboard disease.....ARSEWRITIS :neener:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

sateeb wrote:Mr P suffers from that debilitating computer keyboard disease.....ARSEWRITIS :neener:
You may well be correct......

I think he just suffers from........ Being an @rse........