Cancer Scare

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Re: Cancer Scare

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin has a dermatologist, Dr. Chanachai Memark. I went there last week for a black area on my left thumb. He is a very nice older man who I believe got his degree from the U.S. He speaks perfect American English.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Big Boy, what does Bump mean?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In this case, the poster was bumping his post because he hadn't received a response. Bring the post back to people's attention is known as bumping.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Thanks all

Yea, wanted to bump it, not the one on my skin, before it went to page 2 of 'active posts'....then lost forever.... :D

Thanks again.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

So if it stays active will it stay up front? Still waiting to hear on mine.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, activity on a thread will keep it in the Latest Topics list and more likely to be read.

T.I.G.R., what exactly are you waiting for? I've read your post several times, and don't see a question.

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Thereseems to be 2 methods of removing pre-cancerous lesions---laser and liquid nitrogen, I have had both and prefer the Nitrogen.I have googled the topic but cannot find a good comparison of the 2 methods.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Not had the luxury to compare, but nitro seems so quick and easy........and inexpensive. At least in Udon Thani where I used to live. Couple dabs on couple spots, 300 - 500 baht. While there, Doc would do a check up, peek at the rest of me.......never an additional charge.

Wish he was down this way.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Big Boy - I'm waiting for the results from the lab. The Doctor took some samples and said they would contact me with the results.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry, when you said you were still waiting in the same post as bumping, I thought you were still waiting for a forum response. I hope you get the right news when they get back to you.

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:07 am Thereseems to be 2 methods of removing pre-cancerous lesions---laser and liquid nitrogen, I have had both and prefer the Nitrogen.I have googled the topic but cannot find a good comparison of the 2 methods.
I would have to agree that the liquid nitrogen seems the better way to go purely based on personal opinion. I had one lesion treated using laser several Chiangmai years ago which ended up resurfacing about 6 months later. I returned to Oz earlier this year for some follow up unrelated cancer checks. Whilst there I had a full skin scan done with the light and goggles which picked up about 12 small pre-cancerous lesions which were treated with liquid nitrogen and one nasty on the hand which required surgery. With the high incidence of Melanoma in Australia and sun related skin problems many medical practices, particularly in outback Queensland have liquid nitrogen and are equipped with scanning devices at the surgery. I have spent quite a lot of time outdoors with my work and whilst fairly vigilant about wearing a hat sunglasses and sunscreen its still no guarantee that you can prevent damage but only minimise it.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think that the N2 may destroy deeper and yet the scar is much less, for lesions on the face I think that it is preferrable.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 pm I think that the N2 may destroy deeper and yet the scar is much less, for lesions on the face I think that it is preferrable.
At the time you would not think so. Two days after treatment I looked like I'd ridden a motorcycle through a hailstorm. The scarring now is barely noticeable.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-