Routine Eye Sight tests in Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Re: Routine Eye Sight tests in Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it's drop in only as far as I know. I went last week - arrived at 09:30 and was the only one in there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I have one complaint about Dr. Parirat. I've used reading glasses for computers since my early 40s. Last time I saw Parirat, I told him I wanted a prescription for both normal and reading glasses. He said what distance do you read at? Showed him between this (laptop hinge at knees) and this (arm extended plus 5" for my computer). He said you need reading glasses and you need computer glasses. Nope, I wanted one pair to do both. Can't do! Last time I bought regular glasses it was from a doc in Bangkok who is both good and honest, such that expats in Chiang Mai plan visits to Bangkok to include a visit to him. I know where my next eye test is going to be.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

huahin4ever wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm Can I just drop in, or does he require by appointment only?
No appointment necessary. He is open from 0900-noon and 5pm till 8pm.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I wastalking to my eye doctor a few months ago. She said she used to test for reading glasses at 10 in, now she tests at 18in
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Homer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:38 am I have one complaint about Dr. Parirat. I've used reading glasses for computers since my early 40s. Last time I saw Parirat, I told him I wanted a prescription for both normal and reading glasses. He said what distance do you read at? Showed him between this (laptop hinge at knees) and this (arm extended plus 5" for my computer). He said you need reading glasses and you need computer glasses. Nope, I wanted one pair to do both. Can't do! Last time I bought regular glasses it was from a doc in Bangkok who is both good and honest, such that expats in Chiang Mai plan visits to Bangkok to include a visit to him. I know where my next eye test is going to be.
I am surprised. My UK prescription used to be exactly that. I always used Specsavers, which aren't anything special. Fortunately, I don't need such a prescription here..
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

My wife and I recently went to have our eyes checked by the ophthalmologist at Hua Hin Eye and Dental clinic on Soi 74. She has been complaining for some time of headaches and we thought it may possibly have been her glasses. She spends about 8-10 hours a day on the computer for her work.She had tried working with and without her glasses and it made no difference. After having a medical examination of her eyes the doctor checked her eyesight for her glasses prescription, surprisingly her eyesight had actually corrected with age and required no compensation for natural adjustment. She no longer needed prescription glasses, (Completely the opposite to me! Think I will be looking through the the base of coke bottles in my old age.). After some questions relating to lifestyle, and her work He suggested there may be an issue with the blue light emitted from the screen of her computer. as a result he prescribed 0 diopta glasses treated to reflect UV and and Blue light. My wife was somewhat sceptical however decided to give it a try. The results were pretty good after a couple of days no headaches and feeling much fresher at the end of the day
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-