Fighting Off The Selfish Option

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Fighting Off The Selfish Option

Post by Lost »

Just re-reading for the first time in years and I have to make a humble apology.

I believe I shot down Siani in another thread and have just seen that he/she was the first to offer some thoughtful words in this thread.

My sincere apologies Siani... I made a mistake.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Good to hear you pulled trough what was obviously a difficult time for you, and welcome back to the forum. :cheers:

you never know, maybe your past hardship will help others who visit the forum in the future. :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Thanks Takiap. :cheers:

Just realised after going back to my first post in ages which I think was made a few months ago, that it wasn't Siani that I may have offended with my not so sober post (not sure where I got Siani from) but in fact Vital Spark (memory is going somewhat...) so my sincere apology goes to Vital Spark. Either way, a very poor return to the forum after a long absence and, after re-reading this thread, I'm quite amazed at how many thoughtful, well written posts were made. Had I posted on the 'other' forum I'm sure I would have been met with such well made comments as, "man up brother", or maybe a "everyone has problems pal", or possibly even a "look man.. if ya gonna jump just jump already". :D

A great response was received by myself from a group of people who don't know me from Adam.

Fair play to the lot of you.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I got up this morning and was surprised to see this topic come up because I had spoken about bringing it up with my neighbor only a few days ago. I had thought of it because it was my second wedding anniversary and i had a quiet moment thanking my lucky stars i was still around and so happy with my life.

Anyway Thank you Lost you have made my day I am so glad you made it through and the fact that you and I did make it through the black tunnel and found daylight and sunshine will i hope give others the strength to make it as well

So If anyone out there is thinking of taking the selfish option and reading this Please DONT DO IT you CAN make it through
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

So glad things are working out for you. I know that a lot of the forum will be happy for you. I think this topic will help others who may get depressed now and then. Anyway, it made my day to find out that you are still around. :)
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Thanks Siani.

I think Sarge's story is the real 'Cinderella' one. I didn't really have any problems going on on the outside - it was all psychological, whereas that chap had the real hardship living and breathing in his own home :shock: . Hat's off to the chap and I'm glad to hear it all worked out for him too.

Once again, thanks very much. Everyone can pull themselves out from the dirt if there's enough will in their ways.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.