So... there are no Thai classes in Hua Hin?

Thai language section, ask your language questions here.
aa
Amateur
Amateur

So... there are no Thai classes in Hua Hin?

Post by aa »

Just to set the record straight then...

Besides one guy named "John" who claims to offer something or other in the way of Thai "classes" and/or private tutelage, there is no institute, school, or other organization offering Thai classes in Hua Hin? And only one or two private teachers we know of?
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Errrm, there's at least one (maybe 2) in the old Shopping Mall, 1 in the same road as Dick's Office - further down towards the railway line and 1 in Bon Kai near the market road that I know of. No idea whether they're any good or not, which is why I never recommend any of them. But they're there.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

If you do find anyone, post details on the site.
I would be interested. The only one I found wanted something like 1500 bht per hour
aa
Amateur
Amateur

Post by aa »

niggle wrote:1500 bht per hour
:shock: If they could actually get that, Bintabaht would be full of Thai schools instead of bars!
aa
Amateur
Amateur

Post by aa »

DawnHHDRC wrote:Errrm, there's at least one (maybe 2) in the old Shopping Mall, 1 in the same road as Dick's Office - further down towards the railway line and 1 in Bon Kai near the market road that I know of. No idea whether they're any good or not, which is why I never recommend any of them. But they're there.
Thanks. Maybe I'll go in and check them out, ask if I can sit in on a lesson before deciding. I'll post the results here.
HuaHinR

Post by HuaHinR »

What about in Cha'Am? Or, in other words, is there a good Thai language school or tutor closer than Bangkok?

HuaHinR
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

TGF is a good school. :thumb:
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

There is a chap offering lessons and translations on the third floor of the department store round the corner from All-In, and fronting onto the northern edge of Satukam Square (Kamnoadvitee Road, apparently). A friend of mine had his GF do English lessons there, and another friend got Thai lessons there. He is also supposedly competent in German and deals with at least one school. My buddy who had the Thai lessons, was able to negotiate a deal with him where he paid for a fixed number of lessons rather than a course. I can find out what the deal was, if it is of interest. I was impressed with his rate of progress.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

The man's name is Noi, and his number is 0848015884. The school is in the HH Shopping mall on the 1st floor, and my friend thinks he paid 8000 THB for 20 hours, of which he used 16. That comes in at 400 baht an hour, rising to 500 because of the ones he didn't use before returning home. The lessons were generally at least 2 hours long each.
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

Korkenzieher wrote:The man's name is Noi, and his number is 0848015884. The school is in the HH Shopping mall on the 1st floor, and my friend thinks he paid 8000 THB for 20 hours, of which he used 16. That comes in at 400 baht an hour, rising to 500 because of the ones he didn't use before returning home. The lessons were generally at least 2 hours long each.
Hallo Korkenzieher,

This is a very good and helpful information. Thanks a lot.
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

What level of Thai do they teach?

High Thai
Middle Thai or
Low Thai
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

I've been looking for early - medium level thai for a while. Never found anyone who could offer course details and content along with reasonable price yet. If someone did, I'm sure there would be loads of takers so if anyone has actually used a competent Thai teacher please post.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Richard,

Not a question I can answer I am afraid, as it was a friend who was at the course, not me. My friend was a complete novice when he went there, and I am a rank beginner myself. It might be worth just calling the chap and asking him. For myself, when I get back, I am enrolled in a school in Bangkok on a longer and more formal course. But essentially at beginner level.
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Thai teacher

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

I'm taking classes from a Thai teacher in Kaew Tao. He's about 250/hr, but he refuses to teach romanized Thai so you must learn all the consonants/vowels/tone id's ect. Its much easier than i expected..
Jackie Chan
Novice
Novice

Thai lessons

Post by Jackie Chan »

I am taking lessons from Kru Aey in Hua Hin. She has been teaching Thai to foreigners for over 10 years in Bkk. She will focus on Listening and writting and will make sure you UNDERSTAND before you speak. Great method that paid off for me.
Her number = 0894767449
Good luck