Fashion do's & don'ts

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
PeteC

Re: sort of a trend setter myself

Post by PeteC »

swedenpattaya wrote: I think evryone has to find a fashon that give the most back to ther bodies!! :wink:
For many of us then it would have to be a burlap rice sack or naked, take your pick...LOL. :laugh: Pete
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Any form of facial hair is a no no in my book. Especially great tufts of ear hair or great swathes of nasal hair cascading out and unless your Brad Pitt or Thora Hird stubble is also a no no... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

On which sex do you object to facial hair? Personally, I find it objectionable on males, but positively soo-way on females. Esp. if it cascades - great wording, by the way! :wink:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
mil_dos

Post by mil_dos »

Brits on holiday looking like Brits on holiday.......... 8) 8) 8)
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

I go for the low rise jeans too, with or without thongs. Because the back pockets are placed lower too, they make bottoms look saggy.

Another no-no for me is hairy armpits in a sleeveless shirt. Men and women.
lfc3acmilan3

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

why do thai women wear bras at all! also have you ever seen a thai woman dressed less than immaculately. plus, even the bar girls seem to act with decorum. thats a nice change, because i live near liverpool, where the women are getting increasingly loud and raucous. plus the fashion faux- pars are getting worse- teenagers wearing pajamas all day, and actually going shopping in them. and what about those gypsy skirts, making skinny girls look fat, nice idea. tracksuits seem to be de- rigeur. i like the average thai girl working outfit though- t shirt or low cut vest, short shorts and flip flops...... mmmmmmmmmm.
caducus

Post by caducus »

What exactly is the objection to socks with sandals?

Is is that we have been taught that it is a fashion faux-pas, or is it that we actually find it unattractive, or is it both?

When I was a young sportsman, when not actually on the track competing, I would always take my shoes off and slip into a pair of sandals. It was practical, relaxing and hardly unattractive.
I am still inclined to do the same after a run or a cycle ride. It looks OK and keeps the mozzies at bay.

If you were to travel to the far north of England and visit Hadrian's Wall you would find some graffiti left by Roman conscripts. Most of the messages are complaining about how cold and damp it was in Northumbria. At Christmas the soldiers would write to their favourite aunt and ask her to knit them a nice pair of thick woollen socks.

So if you feel that this is a fashion 'no-no', it is a 'no'no' that has been with us for almost two millenia. A bit too late to change now. There are far worse things in this world to be put right.
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

lfc3acmilan3 wrote:why do thai women wear bras at all!
I guess for the same reason that non-Thai women wear bras. So that they can stuff them 8)
pasathai
Amateur
Amateur

Over-perfumed mutton

Post by pasathai »

Over-perfumed mutton

Definitly a no no.

ever get trapped riding in a elevator ( lift) with some old bitty doused in whatever ( and wonder between gasps just what is she trying to cover up)?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Dirkepirk wrote:
lfc3acmilan3 wrote:why do thai women wear bras at all!
I guess for the same reason that non-Thai women wear bras. So that they can stuff them 8)
I think Y Fronts were invented for a similar reason but for men to exagerate the desirable bits.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
mil_dos

Post by mil_dos »

Top tip:

If you put a rolled up sock in your Y fronts to make yourself more attractive to women, ensure you put it down the front. :mrgreen:
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

Guess wrote: I think Y Fronts were invented for a similar reason but for men to exagerate the desirable bits.
All right then, which bits are desirable?

To put this back on topic: another fashion nuisance for me is the trend are clothes sewn inside out, so you can see all threads on the outside. :guns: