Good housing complex for children

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
t080752
Rookie
Rookie

Good housing complex for children

Post by t080752 »

Hello,

We are a UK family moving from China to Hua Hin in July 2018.

I have 2 children, daughter aged 13 and son aged 11.

They will attend the Hua Hin International school.

I am trying to find out where is a good place to live that will be most suitable for the children so they can make friends and have friends to play with.

We are moving from a secure compound in China and here the children get to play outside all the time. So we would like to be able to find somewhere similar.

Can anyone recommend a secure gated community in close proximity to Hua Hin International School that would have 3 bedroom houses with pool or a communal swimming pool and maybe a club house?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Good housing complex for children

Post by caller »

Where is the 'Hua Hin International School'?
Talk is cheap
t080752
Rookie
Rookie

Re: RE: Re: Good housing complex for children

Post by t080752 »

caller wrote:Where is the 'Hua Hin International School'?
Up near the Black Mountain water park. Image

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Explore gated developments like Baan Ing Phu, BKN (Baan Kieng nam), Guti Resort, AKA Resort, Smart House Resort, Tai Pan Resort, and others you can find on the map in that area. Some will have long term rentals.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Hua ... 99.8891129
t080752
Rookie
Rookie

Post by t080752 »

404cameljockey wrote:Explore gated developments like Baan Ing Phu, BKN (Baan Kieng nam), Guti Resort, AKA Resort, Smart House Resort, Tai Pan Resort, and others you can find on the map in that area. Some will have long term rentals.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Hua ... 99.8891129
Thanks 404cameljockey. That's much appreciated.

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Ha
ve a look at Summerland, well run gated community by a committee of mainly Europeans+
t080752
Rookie
Rookie

Post by t080752 »

arcadianagain wrote:Ha
ve a look at Summerland, well run gated community by a committee of mainly Europeans+
Sounds great. Thank you.

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

arcadianagan mentions a good point, and there are obviously more things you need to look at, such as how old the development is and now many properties are built/still to be built, how many people live there 365 days a year as against how many properties are generally empty looking for rental (some developments can be a ghost town apart from during tourist season), the balance of nationalities living there (a high proportion of Scandinavians will usually mean a well run resort), what sort of resident's committee operates and does it meet often and does it also meet with the development owners regularly to discuss issues, how much sinking fund it maintains (in case extraordinary expenditure is needed), how much you have to contribute each month to community fees and what they cover, how much support the original developer themselves puts into maintenance of the whole development (some are generous, others not), whether you pay can pay utility bills yourself at the suppliers' rate (not higher), etc. etc. I guess you may be used to this in China but I don't know so just a heads up.

Oh, and does it use Pranbury Water Authority water, or some crappy locally sourced ground water held in a tank on the development (I always forget that one).... :D
t080752
Rookie
Rookie

Post by t080752 »

404cameljockey wrote:arcadianagan mentions a good point, and there are obviously more things you need to look at, such as how old the development is and now many properties are built/still to be built, how many people live there 365 days a year as against how many properties are generally empty looking for rental (some developments can be a ghost town apart from during tourist season), the balance of nationalities living there (a high proportion of Scandinavians will usually mean a well run resort), what sort of resident's committee operates and does it meet often and does it also meet with the development owners regularly to discuss issues, how much sinking fund it maintains (in case extraordinary expenditure is needed), how much you have to contribute each month to community fees and what they cover, how much support the original developer themselves puts into maintenance of the whole development (some are generous, others not), whether you pay can pay utility bills yourself at the suppliers' rate (not higher), etc. etc. I guess you may be used to this in China but I don't know so just a heads up.

Oh, and does it use Pranbury Water Authority water, or some crappy locally sourced ground water held in a tank on the development (I always forget that one).... :D
Thanks for the comprehensive and excellent advice. I will use an agent from a professional company to find suitable properties and consider all the things you mention here.

With respect to the water, I have a water filtration unit here in China as the water is pretty much undrinkable from the tap, I shall bring that with me. Also, we have a water cooler at home that takes the big bottles, is it possible to get drinking water delivered in these bottles in Hua Hin?

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

t080752 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm
With respect to the water, I have a water filtration unit here in China as the water is pretty much undrinkable from the tap, I shall bring that with me. Also, we have a water cooler at home that takes the big bottles, is it possible to get drinking water delivered in these bottles in Hua Hin?

I just buy the packs of 6 x 2 litre bottles of water from the supermarket as I like to vary the brand/chemical composition (I believe it's a good thing health-wise). Six 2 litre bottles costs about 45-50 Baht (usually one or two brands are on sale price at any one time).
I buy Namthip and Crystal mainly (they have less minerals taken out during processing), but include others like Tesco and Singha too.

There's a thread on this:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35148&p=447052&hil ... er#p447052

You can bring your water dispenser from China and get the bottle filled here (we left ours in Dubai, my son wanted it!). I know you can take it to local stores where there is a machine outside to refill very cheaply. I don't have information about the quality of the water in those machines but I believe they are operated by the water retailers. I believe there also may be home deliveries, maybe someone else has the info.

:cheers: