Mold in buildings in Thailand

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Bamboo Grove

Mold in buildings in Thailand

Post by Bamboo Grove »

About two months ago mold was found in the apartment we live in. Today I got keys to a new one and withing next ten days or so, will move. Mold seems to be a big problem in buildings in Finland. How about Thailand? How common is it?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mold in buildings in Thailand

Post by StevePIraq »

This time of year after all of the rain black mold is very common mainly outdoors but will show indoors is some place. Outside you can use a high pressure cleaner which is pretty hard work, indoors I have no idea how to get rid of it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
doggie

Post by doggie »

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I use a spray bottle with 500 liters of water and about a tablespoon of bleach. Let it sit until the mold is gone, rinse with clear water and dry. Tea Tree oil will do the same thing but it's more expensive. I get it on the shower walls and glass shower door.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There is mold, and then there is mold. I think there are different types. One kind that causes homes to be evacuated and in some instances the structure torn down. I think these are mainly wooden structures with plaster board walls and wooden floors covered by carpet and linoleum. Then there is the mold mentioned above that every home gets in the bathroom and other wet areas.

With our brick/block/plaster concrete floor construction here I'm not sure if the serious kind of mold is a threat indoors? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 am I use a spray bottle with 500 liters of water and about a tablespoon of bleach.
Either that's:
1) A homeopathic remedy,
or
2) You're a world champion power lifter,
or
3) You meant milliliters.

:D
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 pm This time of year after all of the rain black mold is very common mainly outdoors but will show indoors is some place. Outside you can use a high pressure cleaner which is pretty hard work, indoors I have no idea how to get rid of it.
I had mold on opposing bedroom wall from bathroom wall , shower water spray was getting behind bathroom tiles in some places, cleaning top of tile line and resealed with new tile grout, the mold eventually dried out disappeared.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Homer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 am
handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 am I use a spray bottle with 500 liters of water and about a tablespoon of bleach.
Either that's:
1) A homeopathic remedy,
or
2) You're a world champion power lifter,
or
3) You meant milliliters.

:D
The correct answer is 3. :(
After a lifetime of thinking in ounces I still haven't mastered the table of 10's.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

PeteC wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 am There is mold, and then there is mold. I think there are different types. One kind that causes homes to be evacuated and in some instances the structure torn down. I think these are mainly wooden structures with plaster board walls and wooden floors covered by carpet and linoleum. Then there is the mold mentioned above that every home gets in the bathroom and other wet areas.

With our brick/block/plaster concrete floor construction here I'm not sure if the serious kind of mold is a threat indoors? Pete :cheers:
Agreed. Mold here is not the kind that sends you to the hospital after being indoors where it is present.