Selective weed killer

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Selective weed killer

Post by dundrillin »

Are selective weed killers effective in Thailand to get rid of weeds in the lawn? If so where can I buy them ?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Selective weed killer

Post by Dannie Boy »

dundrillin wrote:Are selective weed killers effective in Thailand to get rid of weeds in the lawn? If so where can I buy them ?
Not that I've looked very hard, but I've never seen them in Thailand but I'll be very happy if somebody replies with a positive answer as I could do with some too.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

"Roundup"(glysophate) is good if you can find it. Homepro used to stock it under a local name.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Yes roundup is very effective but unfortunately it kills the grass as well. I'll see what Google says.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The best way is to pull them out by hand but it's a painstaking process, it takes the Mother-in-law about three days to do the whole lot when she comes to visit.
rentthecar112
Novice
Novice

Post by rentthecar112 »

When using a weed killer for grass, be sure to comply with all the instructions on the label. Weed killers can be extremely effective on lawns, but this is contingent on their proper application.