Anyone know a reasonable lawn cutting/maintance service

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Cid
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone know a reasonable lawn cutting/maintance service

Post by Cid »

Hi, my developer charges an arm and a leg for garden services 2000baht to cut 1 time + 1000baht to weed border plants. Block is only 1000sqm with big house, pool and double garage so garden is not really big. Anyone know a more reasonable cutting and lawn tidying service.

I know doing it myself is cheaper but almost certainly knowing myself will not be better or even done regularly so the garden sooner rather than later will get out of hand.

Any recommendation except do it myself much appreciated. Also interested in what others who pay for these services are being charged.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Anyone know a reasonable lawn cutting/maintance service

Post by hhfarang »

I found that if you want it done right you have to hire a Thai full time gardener. We had a rai and a half lot with at least a rai of lawn and manicured shrubbery and trees, plus two water features that needed regular cleaning and maintenance. By hiring a full time (5 days a week) gardener we paid 6 to 7k per month for everything and it was even maintained when we were traveling. That included mowing weekly, fertilizing, trimming, weeding, cleaning outside, bug spraying and much much more. The only problem was going through a few lazy ones before we found a good reliable one. Also bear in mind that you would have an up front cost as you would have to buy the mower and all other needed equipment and that if you or your wife don't speak Thai that may be a problem.

If your garden is small enough for a person to keep it in good shape in 5 half days per week, you could probably get that for what you are paying now.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
sticks

Post by sticks »

We use room by room they come 3 times a week to maintain the garden the grass is cut twice a month and charge 2100฿ you can find them on google if not there on the corner of soi 80 David nears is the person you need to contact
Hope this helps you
Sticks
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Most of the people I know pay 2000 per month, and like you, their grass is cut once a month, but the fee does include weeding and etc. which is done in between.

If you think about it, what you are paying is not really all that much, although the developer is more than likely pocketing 1000 of that.

Like most things, you get what you pay for. If you need a gardener to work two days each week, then you might have to be willing to pay the minimum wage at least, or even a little bit more. Times are changing. :wink:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Takiab,

Sent you a PM a couple of days ago - just wondering if you got it.
Cid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cid »

Thanks for the feedback and input. Seems my developer is a 'little' on the high side, he also charges 1200baht to fertilise 1 time, and 2500baht to pull the weeds and rake leaves 3 times/week plus water daily per month which I think is more reasonable. Unlike the 3000baht for a lawn cut without pulling weeds or clearing leaves and shrub trimming per time for a garden area of about 500sqm.