Solar power setup for your home in Thailand

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: Solar power setup for your home in Thailand

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

The answer to Nereus's questions are to be found in the graphic which can be better viewed online here http://www.mppsolar.com/v3/mpi-hybrid-series-2/
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Sale of solar rooftop power planned from September

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -September

The Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency has proposed that households and factories be allowed to sell electricity from solar rooftops to the national power grid from September.

DEDE director-general Praphon Wongtharua predicts that sales of electricity from household and factory solar generators could  total about 100 megawatts when the scheme is launched, according to the  government's Public Relations Department.

Chulalongkorn University would propose details of the project to the Energy Ministry and the National Energy Policy Council would then need to approve it, he said.

People could then generator power from solar rooftops for their own use and sell any excess to the national grid provider, the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, Mr Praphon said. He hoped it would help reduce people's electricity costs, provide the grid with additional power during peak demand, and promote the use of renewable energy.

Egat deputy governor Saharat Boonpotipukdi said it was planned to increase the use of renewable energy to 30% of total consumption by 2036.
...........................................................................................
I guess that this will have to wait until a way is found to skim off some of the payments from the owners. Also be interesting to see how Somchai gets around twisting a couple of wires together with the connection.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Nereus, Was the slight against Thailand really necessary?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

RCer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 pm Nereus, Was the slight against Thailand really necessary?
Take it however you want. After you have been here as long as I have you may say the same thing.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I sure agree with Nereus comments. I would like to go Solar but want the whole Enchilada with battery power so I can disconnect completely from the unreliable PEA power grid here. Would be nice to not experience any power cuts.

Checked at the Architect 17 show in BKK recently and lots of mfg. of Solar panels but NONE of batteries. Guess will have to wait for government to figure out a way to tax that before allowing the people to purchase it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Solar future bright despite hazy backing
Although the government has not yet sent a clear signal for when it will start buying solar power generated from private buildings and households, the boom in solar rooftops in that segment has started, say industry officials.

The number of households and buildings generating power for their own use is expected to rise sharply, fuelled by a new business model from renewable energy companies offering practical solar rooftop deals.

Businesses ranging from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to big companies with their own buildings have started installing solar panels on their rooftops to cut power bills, say energy analysts.

The cost to buy and install solar panels has dropped by half from 400,000-500,000 baht per household over the last several years, causing a stampede in demand, even though the government does not yet allow individuals or businesses to sell excess power back to state utilities.

Two SET-listed energy firms are offering new purchasing models to help residents afford their own solar rooftops, allowing several payment types including hire-purchase, similar to auto leasing companies.

Some companies say solar rooftops can help residents slash their power bills by 10%, which they can then use to pay for the solar panel installations.

Commissioner and spokesperson of the Energy Regulatory Commission, Veeraphol Jirapraditkul, said a major concern for households and businesses is what they can do with the solar power generated by their own solar rooftop installations.

Solar power generation in Thailand has reached 2,990 megawatts, of which 2,860MW is from solar farms and 130MW from solar rooftop installations at households and businesses.

More: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... zy-backing
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Solar is a perfect idea for Thailand. Only question in my mind, will the roof on the average village home support it?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

RCer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:30 pm Solar is a perfect idea for Thailand. Only question in my mind, will the roof on the average village home support it?
Most village homes have plenty of land around them anyway so you wouldn't be forced to use a rooftop installation if the structure isn't strong enough.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I do not know anything about this company, but they are listing a good range of inverters. Most of the inverters advertised on places such as Lazada are not pure sine wave inverters. Although they have their place, pure sine wave is required for most electronic equipment such as computers etc.

http://www.fmtcorp.co.th/index.php/en/p ... -inverters
buksida

Post by buksida »

Can anyone recommend a solar company in Prachuap province? I'd like to set something up for our pond pump.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There's a shop in Hua Hin, on the right of the Pulau U road past Big C, in a shop house before you go up the hill. I've never been in it, so I don't know what they sell but it's solar power company of some sort.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Cheers. Don't suppose they have a website?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm Cheers. Don't suppose they have a website?
Sorry, it's a bit of bad timing because I've been going past it about four times a day for the past month but I'm just heading back to work. They definitely have solar panels, you can see them in the window.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

buksida wrote:Cheers. Don't suppose they have a website?
huahinsolar.com

Nice Canadian chap behind this company, based in Hua Hin.

Seems very knowledgeable on the topic. We had him and team round to quote for an installation.

The contact number is somewhere on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

buksida wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:07 am Can anyone recommend a solar company in Prachuap province? I'd like to set something up for our pond pump.
Have you looked on Lazada? They have small Solar pump units, also panels and small 12 Volt pumps where you can build up your own system.

http://www.lazada.co.th/tj-solar-514432 ... uPBFm&ff=1