Missing family dog

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Feline
Amateur
Amateur

Missing family dog

Post by Feline »

HELP........our family dog escaped from our garden a week past Friday (just after Christmas). He got out the gate when the builders were working on our house. He was last seen heading towards the Queen's Gardens at Soi Mon Mae. Despite continually out looking for him we have had no luck. We have looked all around the surrounding areas and followed up on any calls we received but to no avail. I have 2 young daughters who are totally heartbroken and our other little dog who is obviously missing his pal as he is not eating much either. I would appeal to all you good forum readers to keep an eye open for him and if you think you have seen him give me a call on 089 7189681. I have attached a couple of photographs for identity purposes. His name is Jàck and we have had him since he was a Puppy. He is a Thai dog and is now 1 yr old. You may have difficulty catching him as I imagine he will be frightened of strangers. Unfortunately he does not have his collar on Ana's could be mistaken for a Soi dog. The family are absolutely distraught and the girls pray every day that he will come home. Thank you in advance as even if only one lead turns out successful we will happy. A you can imagine, Christmas for girls has taken a downward turn.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... n.jpg?dl=1. https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... n.jpg?dl=1
PeteC

Re: Missing family dog

Post by PeteC »

Boy oh boy, I hate to see posts like this. Other members have lost their dogs over the years and posted pleas for help and it's always made me feel distraught. I really hope you find yours for the sake of your little girls. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Feline
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Feline »

Thank you for your reply, we know its a long shot but hoped that it might jolt memories of those forum members maybe within the area. Sometimes if a well looked after animal is taken in by a household and fed, they may not think it belongs to someone else, or that it has been abandoned. We will keep trying for a while longer. Best regards.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Yes, this is terrible. We lost our female one time but after 2 days she found her way home. Is the dog a male chasing after a female on heat? Have you lived somewhere else locally? Could the dog make its way back there? The fact that is looks like a Soi dog means it is unlikely to be 'dog-napped' so your chances of recovery may be higher than you think.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Such a handsome dog too. As Mr. P said, try trawling familiar routes that he knows. Best of luck
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

He is a super looking fellow and our family will keep a look out - actually his body colours make him rather unusual and not so difficult to identify.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Feline
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Feline »

Hi thank you for all your replies, they are most appreciated. We will not stop looking.

Thank you to the British guy with the Pest Control business who called me yesterday. Unfortunately, although you said you would send me your email address, my wife's phone is not working properly re txts msgs and I wonder if you could give me another call to enable me to send you more photographs. Apologies for this.
Just lovely
Novice
Novice

Post by Just lovely »

Check with the Hua Hin Dog shelter. They are picking up dogs all the time.Talk to the staff show them a picture. We will watch out for him. Good Luck
Feline
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Feline »

We are following all leads which have come from the forum member calls. Thank you all so much for your comments. Our Jack has never really been out on his own before so I would hazard a guess and say that he will either be frightened or enjoying his freedom, hopefully, and not come across the leader of a pack! Do not want to go there, too scary to think about.
Chard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chard »

Holy crap, That looks like a dog that was brought into one off my several shelters I visit each day. PM me your number and we go and look.
mikepetersen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikepetersen »

Do your got your dog or it is still missing?