Need excess foliage removed

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
mafiamind

Need excess foliage removed

Post by mafiamind »

Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I searched the forum with no results. I am in need of somewhat cheap labor to remove weeds/plants around my place. I do not necessarily need a gardening service, but just a few people to come remove all the excess growth. Any advice would be very helpful, thanks.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Need excess foliage removed

Post by kendo »

You could go and ask down a little Ma and Pa shop i am sure they will find some one for you.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Are there any builders living in their tin shacks near you? They will normally muck in to earn a few extra Baht with a bit of manual labour.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

Thank you for the advice. There are some guys building a house on my soi, so I will try to ask them about it. Hopefully they will not try to overcharge me, although I honestly have no idea what the going rate on a job like this is. Thanks again for the advice, cheers.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Overcharged? Don't you think you might be worrying a bit too much about money?
Are you giving these people tools to work with, or are they expected to bring their own?
Will you be feeding them, transporting them to the work site, sorting them out if they are injured?

You are looking for casual labour on a one-off basis - it won't cost you much anyway, but if you pay them next to nothing, don't expect a whole lot of effort.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

mafiamind wrote:Thank you for the advice. There are some guys building a house on my soi, so I will try to ask them about it. Hopefully they will not try to overcharge me, although I honestly have no idea what the going rate on a job like this is. Thanks again for the advice, cheers.
You will probably need to pay them 250-300 baht a day, so it won't cost you a fortune even if you throw in some food and drink which will help to keep them going.
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

Thanks for the figure Dannie Boy, it should only take one day, and I would be willing to pay 1,000B no problem.