Article in Hua Hin Today

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
caller
Hero
Hero

Article in Hua Hin Today

Post by caller »

I just spotted this - is it real?

http://www.huahintoday.net/index.php?ac ... ews&id=967

It seems perverse compared to whats happening in reality, yet it talks about HH being a place of choice for 2nd homes and retirees?

Yes, it says you must take proper legal advice when buying and that concerns have been raised about the poor advice given in the past.

Irrespective of other comments raised elsewhere on this subject, the Thai authorities are sending out a very mixed message?

The very last paragraph reads as follows:

On the last day of the exhibition Hua Hin Today surveyed both the exhibitors and some of the visitors who were looking for a property to buy. The feeling was very positive and it seems that there is as yet no sign of the property development boom in Hua Hin slowing down. Sales were made, and more importantly, potential buyers and sellers had an opportunity to listen to the important information in the presentations. It appears that Hua Hin's development into a Paradise City is continuing.

Bless 'em!
Talk is cheap
silverbird

Re: Article in Hua Hin Today

Post by silverbird »

caller wrote:I just spotted this - is it real?

It seems perverse compared to whats happening in reality, yet it talks about HH being a place of choice for 2nd homes and retirees?

Yes, it says you must take proper legal advice when buying and that concerns have been raised about the poor advice given in the past.

Irrespective of other comments raised elsewhere on this subject, the Thai authorities are sending out a very mixed message?

The very last paragraph reads as follows:

On the last day of the exhibition Hua Hin Today surveyed both the exhibitors and some of the visitors who were looking for a property to buy. The feeling was very positive and it seems that there is as yet no sign of the property development boom in Hua Hin slowing down. Sales were made, and more importantly, potential buyers and sellers had an opportunity to listen to the important information in the presentations. It appears that Hua Hin's development into a Paradise City is continuing.

Bless 'em!
Hua Hin Today is fully controlled by one of the big players in real estate - so no way I will treat what I read there as anything but advertising. By the way Observer is as well owned by another real estate developer. This information is well known for expats living in this area but might not be so for those readers not living here.
CliveBLive
Banned
Banned

Post by CliveBLive »

The newspaper Hua Hin Today is owned by the same person who owns Regal Thailand Property - George M. (Did you ever wonder why you see his photo in each & every edition??) Thus, any reporting on Hua Hin real estate is inherently biased and credibility is dubious.

Clive B. Live
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I had no idea - thanks.

I guess that clears that up!
Talk is cheap
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

CliveBLive wrote:The newspaper Hua Hin Today is owned by the same person who owns Regal Thailand Property - George M. (Did you ever wonder why you see his photo in each & every edition??) Thus, any reporting on Hua Hin real estate is inherently biased and credibility is dubious.

Clive B. Live
Absolutely true. I have a little running poll going with myself to see how many photos & mentions of himself he can get into each issue. He's managing pretty high scores at the mo. Never mind, I can always recycle newspapers for the dogs (& I find that more useful than gaining information from that particular source) :twisted:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!