Necessary Documents

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
NikkiSixx

Necessary Documents

Post by NikkiSixx »

Sorry to bleat on about the subject, but further on my earlier post (INVISIBLE MISSUS), I was wondering if anybody knew what excactly are the documents required to buy a property in my wife's name?
I know from before that I can obtain another copy from her local Amphur office for a nominal fee but she seems to think she will need school records and local census papers (where they explain who lived in the house and when...) Will the Amphur office also have these?
Unfortunately approaching the 'family' for help is out of the question as I fear I may be carved up into small pieces and mailed to my mum!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't need anything but her ID card and a document from the local land office signed by you stating that the money used for the purchase of the land wasnt yours:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3630
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Correct me if I'm wrong BK, but I think after the transaction she will need to initiate an new house book/paper indicating that she is the owner. This is the time that she will come off of the house paper that her name is currently on, probably her family's paper.

It is computerized now and a quick process but when we did it, she had to show a photocopy of her existing house paper as part of the process, to be then verified by their computer records. Pete
Last edited by PeteC on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NikkiSixx

Post by NikkiSixx »

Many thanks once again chaps!