The Clouds property development

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: The Clouds

Post by dundrillin »

Hi

I have no knowledge of the Clouds and I'm sure plenty of people will advise you to rent before you buy. That may not be a bad idea especially if your partner is impulsive. He may find that a longer visit is different than a short holiday. But as regards buying I would recommend a buying a 2/3 year old house in a COMPLETED development. Any faults will be apparent or will have been fixed. Many sellers are keen to move and will price accordingly. Be aware when talking to estate agents that they will want to steer you in the direction of new developments.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: The Clouds property development

Post by hhinner »

Chichi wrote: <snip>... I have no children and heir and will make a will allowing him to live in the property until his death or to sell it if he needs to. Any better ideas? ... <snip>
Hi Chichi, not sure how you would do that. You say you and BF going 50/50. Are you setting up a company to buy the house? You must be aware that your BF cannot own any land in his own right, so even if you will the property to him (and is approved by the Land Department) he will have to sell within one year and would probably have to give up the usufruct anyway in order to sell. Not sure what would happen if the house wasn't sold after a year though.

perfectvolley

Re: The Clouds property development

Post by perfectvolley »

Hello,
I do know these two resorts a bit. At the clouds i was looking for a sofa which was on offer there and I was invited to take a look at his home. It was very nice house with a huge pool and good in material and finishing but whatever I asked him about he said thats not standard, not the pool, not the tiles not the kitchen not the doors not the windows not the moskito sceens...So i believe he paid much more then the mentioned 13 mil. But when we left the place we were thinking what this place will be like when they will open the airport for bigger planes. That is not 100 m off there grounds. So it could get loud in the near future.
I have a friend of mine living in Mali and he is happy with his decision to buy there. He bought the house halfe year ago and the biggest issue is he has to pump of the water from his toilet tank already two times and that is not what is used to be. But besides of this the house in superb with 10 m pool and big covered terrass and he paid only 10 mio.
AJBangkok
Amateur
Amateur

Post by AJBangkok »

Consider buying an existing property on Palm Hills. There are a few priced at 10-12 million, it’s got great security and facilities and frankly at those prices I doubt you’ll lose money
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

AJBangkok wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:58 am Consider buying an existing property on Palm Hills. There are a few priced at 10-12 million, it’s got great security and facilities and frankly at those prices I doubt you’ll lose money
Yes,especially now that maintenance fee issue has been resolved.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

And it seems that Air Asia won't be passing overhead quite as soon as was thought.