Smart House Valley

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
swinglish
Rookie
Rookie

Smart House Valley

Post by swinglish »

My husband and i are looking at Smart House Valley development .
Do any of you have any recommendations or infos of this development.

Any input greatly appreciated :D
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Smart House Valley

Post by PBbeacher »

I talked to a resident recently who said the power cuts out an awful lot there.

Has some positives- relatively low common fees, decent secure gated entrance, good quality build.
Negatives- construction been ongoing for a long time and still not complete (I'd feel confident in saying it certainly will be...soonish?), kind of mish mash of old and very new houses, not a very exciting location with no views.
swinglish
Rookie
Rookie

Post by swinglish »

Thank you PBbeacher for your input greatly appreciated.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

for power cuts install a generator if that really bothers you. When I lived there the Power Cuts were only about 30-45 minutes which is nothing compared to where I live in the rural south. Down here there from 1-3 hours so I have a generator to eliminate any anxiety and refrigerator melting. Surprising that area has not built out yet. Was slowing building 5 years ago when we left Hua Hin. Good development though.
swinglish
Rookie
Rookie

Post by swinglish »

Thank you
thinking of solar
I have heard that its one of the good quality build.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After a couple of weeks ago, I'd check the flooding. It only happens once, maybe twice a year, but that's one or 2 times too many.

I had to drive that way, and was shocked at the amount of water flowing off the developments along that road. I don't know if Smart Valley was affected as it's set back from the road, but the new Immigration Office was an island.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Good luck with Solar in Thailand. Just not there yet with complete packages. Can power only in day and no battery's yet available. Check around but don't think you will find anything near what you can get in farangland. I had a farang who deals in solar in Puckett tell me that it will be 10 years before Thailand has its act together for the whole package.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Can power only in day and no battery's yet available.
Deep cycle batteries are needed and available. The problem is the cost! 12 Volt 150 Ah around 12,000 Baht.

http://www.solar-thailand.com/EN/Group. ... howProduct

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23797&p=452607&hil ... er#p452607
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I'd be quite cautious of any place offering the old 30 + 30 + 30 years type of scam of ownership.
Also I would check does one pay electricity and water directly to departments concerned or to housing community.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Farang wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:47 pm I'd be quite cautious of any place offering the old 30 + 30 + 30 years type of scam of ownership.
Also I would check does one pay electricity and water directly to departments concerned or to housing community.
Do you mean 30+30+30 land lease, not ownership? I own my property outright and have 30+30+30 year options on the land lease, with it written into the contract that the developer can't sell the land without including this provision in their sale contract. It's in a housing development and I believe that others would have done the same.