House market in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Property
johnjar
Professional
Professional

Re: House market in Hua Hin

Post by johnjar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 am

Nereus wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:05 pm
in the early 80's when I first came to Thailand the fx rate usd/thb was 22, and again in 1997 the Asian market crash it went to nearly usd/thb was 50,
Actually, the Thai Baht was pegged at 25 Baht to the US Dollar from the early 80,s up until it was floated on 2nd July 1997. It reached a low of 56 to the Dollar in January 1998.
Nereus…Well we are are both in the ball park….Yes currency versus property is all swings and roundabouts, another example look at the aus dollar v usd in about 1981 it was $1.25 usd to buy an Ozzy, now its only worth 0.76 USD, therefore the Ozzy has lost 39% of its value since then.

Tangible asset’s like property in good locations always increase in value, especially, in area's I mentioned and other thriving areas of Hua Hin they sell and rent easily.Whether the buyer is for a home for life with loved ones or just a investment Hua Hin is growing fast and a great place to invest.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... anley-says

The dollar is threatened by six years of weakness as stronger global growth will outweigh any boosts from interest-rate increases by the Federal Reserve, according to Morgan Stanley.

Investors should short the greenback against emerging-market currencies and the euro as growth gathers momentum.
Last edited by johnjar on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

johnjar
Professional
Professional

Re: House market in Hua Hin

Post by johnjar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 am

MikaQ5 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm
jingjoe wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm
RCer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Yes, I knew that, but still no return on investment until the house sells at a profit above cost to maintain.
Theoretically if i sold the house for 3million ( 1 million less than i paid) i am up 500 000bht, then take off maintenance and monthly fees, probably come out square

So therefore ( as selling on a house in Hua Hin seems to be difficult - need to heavily discount because of such an oversupply etc ) what's the point of buying versus renting ( in Hua Hin area )

I have recently moved to Hua Hin and am thinking to buy also but it seems to be tying up money in a asset that will be extremely hard to sell in the future( even if it's leaving the asset to family in the event of passing on ) - that makes little sense to me anyway

It's an extremly interesting topic by the way
MikaQ5...Landlords grow rich in their sleep :wink:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... anley-says

"Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas." Paul Samuelson