Where to buy cheap kitchen facilitis

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
scorpiolady
Amateur
Amateur

Where to buy cheap kitchen facilitis

Post by scorpiolady »

I wonder if somebody know where I can get good prices on fridgerators. dichwacher, stove and so on. The compani my realestateagent is consulting The cabinete interior design are far to expensive. They gave a suggestion for my kitchen of a price of 449.970 bath. Totaly rip off . There must be cheaper places. Its even more expensive then it costs in Sweden. :(
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Scorpiolady,

That price (6,337 English Pounds) is a bit of an eye opener for me!!!

I walked around that nice store (don't remember what it was called) above Tesco with my wife recently. We were very impressed with the goods on sale, and the prices. I was so impressed, I actually (maybe foolishly) said to my wife that when we move to Thailand she can design her dream kitchen based on what we saw there. I said Thai labour is so cheap, it wouldn't cost very much to have it all installed.

You've now got me worried. I will watch this thread with interest to see how it develops - I hope it turns out that your real estate agent is just trying it on.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

I used the Cabinet Co. for my (quite small) kitchen two years ago. The quote was about a third of Scorpiolady's but initially was a lot higher. They will give you a top specification first up and you can significantly reduce it by choosing, for example, a cooker with fewer functions, a sink with a simpler tap arrangement etc. There is more choice now than there was then but for what it is worth, this was my view on them after they had fitted my kitchen (previously posted in ask the ex-pats):

Initially I thought they were a little expensive by Thai standards but the extra money is definitely worth it if you are doing things from a distance. Not only did they do an excellent job on my kitchen but they sorted out all the problems that the developer's builder had built into my bathrooms. My experience of other tradesmen in Thailand leaves me thinking that in the long run, using Cabinet Company has probably saved me money and loads of hassle. My experience is that they are:

Professional
Attentive to customer requirements
Prompt
Clean
Respectful
Trustworthy
Serious about aftersales care
Understanding of western standards (At least part Swedish owned)

There are probably more superlatives but this reference is glowing enough as it is.

After an initial meeting, all my dealings were undertaken by email and all their office staff speak good English. All their tradesmen spoke at least some English and were obviously a 'cut above' the normal standard. As an example, how many other Thai tradesmen have you seen reading a two inch thick science fiction novel on their lunch break!?
scorpiolady
Amateur
Amateur

Post by scorpiolady »

I phoned to my realasteagent today and he said the things I have got to choose from in the catalog are from Teka and their things are very expensive. My agent suggested to get it when Im in place. My kithen is not big either so Im thinking of getting all kithen stuff when I get there instead, from other places. I will only let them do tops and cupboards but not for the price they suggested . Only doorfronts 127.000 bath.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

scorpiolady wrote:I phoned to my realasteagent today and he said the things I have got to choose from in the catalog are from Teka and their things are very expensive.
There is high spec Teka (expensive) and there is low spec Teka (inexpensive). Wherever you buy, make sure you get a full description of everything you are being offered. Do you really need that radio controlled oven? They will try and sell it to you!
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Jaime wrote:My experience of other tradesmen in Thailand leaves me thinking that in the long run, using Cabinet Company has probably saved me money and loads of hassle. My experience is that they are:

Professional
Attentive to customer requirements
Prompt
Clean
Respectful
Trustworthy
Serious about aftersales care
Understanding of western standards (At least part Swedish owned)

There are probably more superlatives but this reference is glowing enough as it is.

[/i]
I too have used them and completely agree with Jaime. Was very impressed with the quality of goods and the service provided. All in all they were excellent.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Scorpio Lady,

Jaime is spot on. Cabinet Company put our kitchen in too, they are a bit more expensive than other companies but definately worth the extra for the professional service you get. They even had a cleaner here while it was being fitted and she actually stood below the man drilling the holes in the walls with her hoover, clearing up the dust :shock:

With equipment it is definately best to purchase your own equipment you can buy quality Electrolux or Siemens equipment cheaper than some of the Teka stuff.
Best places for the equipment is either Index or HomePro, or if you want to save a bit more with maybe less service, the local shops along the Petchakasem Road.

Good luck!

Burger
scorpiolady
Amateur
Amateur

Post by scorpiolady »

Thanks to all of you. You are all so nice and helpfull here :D I have got a new mail today from the cabinet and I have made some changes so I will hope its getting good now and not to expensive. And hope that they wont get anoyed with me. :?
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Don't forget to tell The Cabinet Co. about the people at HHAD saying nice things about them! :cheers: