Commercial Property Suitable for Hairdressing Shop

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Commercial Property Suitable for Hairdressing Shop

Post by ahandpatsy »

Guys,

I we have started looking for a hairdressing shop for my Thai partner to own outright.

However we have no idea where to start looking apart from wandering the streets.

Also has anybody any idea of general cost ( I know its a bit peice of string) but ball park is good.

Any help whatsoever would be great.

And
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Commercial Property Suitable for Hairdressing Shop

Post by JamesWest »

premium locations near big high end hotels and malls for farang ladies or small place for Thail ladies?

costs are 5000-20,000 baht a month depending on location and size.
5000-10,000 would be most rents. 5k would be very small, old single room unit on street in funky area or low traffic area.
there are many three story shophouses for rent for around 15,000. but locations may not be right.

i would think about the part of town you want to be in because there are so many places for rent.
just go where you think is a good location for customers and look around.

look on the east end of soi 94, almost always a salon for sale along there.

also complete salons for sale on web site i can't list here.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

It's all about foot fall farang's or Thai's what would be a good thing in Hua Hin is somebody that can really cut hair.
Ten years ago my wife and i used the same shop for three years and it was good. Me first and she would have the works after hair nails' massage' and i used to pop my sandle's off and kick back on the sofa for an hour.
Every hair cut since i have been totally pissed with, just clippers and a comb and can't do a real hair cut for their life.
I like to be well groomed and don't find satisfaction in town very frustrating.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Jools

Post by Jools »

Pity farangs can't get work permits for any hairdressing related jobs. I'm a barber with 33 years experience in Britain and get frustrated watching the barbers here try to cut farang hair. AND then charge almost twice the price they charge the locals!!!
Play Up Pompey
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I agree with Kendo on this topic..OK, my hair looks like a birds-nest most days, but alas when I do get a trim at one of the 100's of salons in HH they either take bugger-all off, or indeed it's 10-15mins with the buzz-clipper+comb,200b & I feel it's money wasted every time.
I did find a place on 94, she spoke a bit of English, a mature woman rather than a girly..but she never seems to be open on a regular basis..ho-hum eh?