Glass partition wall

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Glass partition wall

Post by dtaai-maai »

Our living room/kitchen is quite large and very well supplied with natural light. It runs c. 14 metres front to back of the house on a slight dog leg - imagine 2 adjoining rectangles slightly offset.

I want to cut off that front leg (area hardly used at all) with a fixed partition wall to create an office and free up the spare bedroom I am currently using.

I want glass (probably translucent) to keep the natural light throughout. and a sliding glass door. The sound-proofing would have to be good enough to keep the noise of Thai soaps out...

Glass wall and door together - no more than 3 metres.

Any suggestions about who to go to for a good job that won't be more expensive than rebuilding the house?

Any other (sensible) advice very welcome.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Glass partition wall

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Our living room/kitchen is quite large and very well supplied with natural light. It runs c. 14 metres front to back of the house on a slight dog leg - imagine 2 adjoining rectangles slightly offset.

I want to cut off that front leg (area hardly used at all) with a fixed partition wall to create an office and free up the spare bedroom I am currently using.

I want glass (probably translucent) to keep the natural light throughout. and a sliding glass door. The sound-proofing would have to be good enough to keep the noise of Thai soaps out...

Any suggestions about who to go to for a good job that won't be more expensive than rebuilding the house?
I would try Hua Hin Glass, located near Soi 47

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We had something similar done, and you'd be more than welcome to pop around to have a look. Ours cost 10,000 Baht. IMO they did an excellent job. However, our gap was only about 1.5 metres. PM if you would like to inspect the quality.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thanks BB, I might take you up on that at some point in the next few weeks.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You're welcome. Ours was done to make the living room more affordable air conditioning wise, and I reckon it has already paid for itself in a year.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Our living room/kitchen is quite large and very well supplied with natural light. It runs c. 14 metres front to back of the house on a slight dog leg - imagine 2 adjoining rectangles slightly offset.

This somehow got embedded into your message d-t :oops:
BruceJ
Novice
Novice

Post by BruceJ »

i want to see the pictures of that partition that you have done. wants to do the same so that would give me an idea.