Price Of A Metre Of Soil?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Price Of A Metre Of Soil?

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Rough idea of a putting about a metre of soil on 1/2 rai in Hua Hin

Cheers
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jimmy,

My info is about three years old but the last time I had have it done it was about 1500 Baht per load. In think the payload on a seventeen tipper is about 10.5 tonnes. You need 800 tonnes. That works out at about 115K Baht.

I have since heard that you can get it done cheaper if done on the fly. I.e find someone who is already bring empty trucks back from Pala U and Kang Krachan and get a quote from them.

If you take a trip up towards Palu U yuu will find a few escvayion sites that may be can give you a good deal.

I reckon that at today's prices you could be looking at 200K but you may get a better deal.

Pop down to GDL pool shop and ask Gary Green. He has been in the game in Hua Hin for centuries.

Also shop around. Jobs like that can vary by four fold.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

1 1/2 years ago I also had to fill up 1/2 rai, not in Hua Hin but in Isaan.
The cost was 70G.
Hua Hin costs are very much higher than in Isaan, and the fuel costs have increased, so I find Guess's estimates accurate and well funded.

Sober Guess?
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Im sure i just saw a cow fly over the moon!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Norseman wrote "Sober Guess?"

Im sure i just saw a cow fly over the sun!
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Dear Mr Greaves,

Currently a metre per Rai is about 120,000 Baht.
Therefore 60k for half a Rai.

It's a funny old game.

Burger
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Guess are you just larking about as usual or did you really pay so much because the soil had gold dust in it?

Not sure if I have a ball park at the moment, 60K for 1/2 rai done and dusted, money upfront!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Guess are you just larking about as usual or did you really pay so much because the soil had gold dust in it?

Not sure if I have a ball park at the moment, 60K for 1/2 rai done and dusted, money upfront!
Absolutely no larking about. A sensible straight forward question gets a straight forward answer.

My math might be wrong on the payload of the truck and I am sure that in Thailand they do not worry too much about weight limits. I just remember the cost per load amn of course it may have been an overprice.

Anyway I pointed you in the correct direction. Talk to someone who has done it. Maybe Burger can give you a contact name.

I can not see how something like this gone down in price when Diesel has gone up by 100% but on the other hand with all the building doing on in the area maybe the competition has driven the prices down.

BTW it is nothing to do with the contents of the soil, it is all to do with the cost of the truck, the driver and the fuel.

The distance he has to travel with his load also has some (possibly major) impact on the price.

Sober as a cow flying out of JW's bar after a party.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]