House rent, december 16/ januari 16. Can use some info

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
tonie
Novice
Novice

House rent, december 16/ januari 16. Can use some info

Post by tonie »

Hello all.

Me and my wife are looking for a nice house pref with swimming pool, kitchen, wifi and within a 10 min drive to city centre.
i am looking for something in the price range up to 45.000, if there is something with an communual pool for 25.000 incl or anything arround that area that would be ok also.

I have seen many nice houses on different sites and contacted some brokers but they are not moving very fast :roll:
Reading this site makes me also don't want to pay a deposit. My wife ownes a school in Bangkok and i can leave my passport but a deposit that is going to vanish... no thanks...

The house can be in Cha am, Baan krut or whereever as long as it's close to a town.

Can you please advice?

Tonie
Big Boy

Re: House rent, december 16/ januari 16. Can use some info

Post by Big Boy »

Our rental listings can be found here http://www.propertyhuahin.net/property.php?type=H&for=R
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
tonie
Novice
Novice

Post by tonie »

There are a couple nice houses in there.
It's a shame that there are only 4 pictures and not a lot of information.

is there a possibilty to vieuw a couple of these on my day of arrival?
Does your agency requires deposits?
Is there a map where the listings can be found?
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Rent up front and a signed for security deposit or no rental on a single month is normal. Especially in the absolute peak season. Most agents will not be too keen @25-45k on a one month where they have to embarrass themselves with the owner by telling them they cannot collect a deposit and simply rely on you turning up with said wedge in your back burner. Also read recent stricter measures on carrying your passport on other threads.

Crazy 88
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

tonie wrote:There are a couple nice houses in there.

Simply complete the form on the properties you are interested in and you will be contacted by the owner/agent responsible for them to arrange viewings.
tonie
Novice
Novice

Post by tonie »

crazy88 wrote:Rent up front and a signed for security deposit or no rental on a single month is normal. Especially in the absolute peak season. Most agents will not be too keen @25-45k on a one month where they have to embarrass themselves with the owner by telling them they cannot collect a deposit and simply rely on you turning up with said wedge in your back burner. Also read recent stricter measures on carrying your passport on other threads.

Crazy 88

I understand completly what you mean, but with the constant non returning deposit threads arround here and in almost every thai related forum. It's just a no. Paying the month upfront is no problem.
I know it's high season and i know it's normal... but i doubt it will be normal soon as long as they keep on "cheating".
There are loads of houses available if my information is correct, high season or not. Mainstreem tourists still go for the hotels.
Anyway allready decided that i'll just drive arround for a day and see the property's first.
Thanks for your answer Crazy88!
tonie
Novice
Novice

Post by tonie »

Lev wrote:
tonie wrote:There are a couple nice houses in there.

Simply complete the form on the properties you are interested in and you will be contacted by the owner/agent responsible for them to arrange viewings.

Thanks!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

OP You should certainly have more information on properties before committing but rocking up in december to have a look around? Every agent will be out of decent stock..

Good rental stock is as rare as rocking horse droppings over christmas. songkran etc on a short term as are hotels and guesthouses of any quality. Book early or get the scraps. Simple fact.

Crazy 88
tonie
Novice
Novice

Post by tonie »

it will be ok.. i,m not commited to Hua Hin if things go wrong.
I like a bit of poker in my life :)