Building regulations and water pipe

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Artist
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Building regulations and water pipe

Post by Artist »

Sorry,, my mistake. I forget one zero! ;)

How are the internet providers for the rural area?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Artist wrote:Sorry,, my mistake. I forget one zero! ;)

How are the internet providers for the rural area?
As far as the internet goes, it depends on what has already been installed into the local area that you can connect to. We're out in Hin Lek Rai, about 8km from the city and managed to get fibre optic broad band installed for about 15,000 BT, that being the cost to install the cable to the nearest connection. If that's not possible you have to rely on a mobile signal which is good enough for most things but not really up to streaming movies or anything like that.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Not only internet, but be aware of water and electric if you buy to build yourself. Many areas of Hua Hin even with developments do not have a reliable water supply so trucked in water can cost 400 baht per week instead of city water which runs around 100 baht per month where it is available and reliable. As for electricity, when we built, we had to pay 250,000 baht just to get electricity run to our house from the nearest point which was a few hundred meters away.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?