Soil test for building

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Grunter

Soil test for building

Post by Grunter »

A quick question for all.
Has anyone here gone down the road of building a house here but done a soil test prior to building??
When i built a few houses back in Aussie it is common practice to do before buying & building on land. Looking at possibly building a house but really would like a soil test done first for obvious reasons.
Does anyone have contacts or could point me in the right direction for this??
Thanks in advance
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Re: Soil test for building

Post by splitlid »

I know of 3 companies all Bangkok based.
The below company recently completed a Geotec survey for us and I can highly recommend them.
they provide a complete report on the test and recommend what type of footings are best for the soil type. You will need to send them a copy of chanote, GPS location, (Google earth map),some site pics, number of boreholes required and site accessibility.

contact K. Krittanon:

Mobile : 086-9022-555

krittanon@gtc.co.th

http://www.gtc.co.th/
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Soil test for building

Post by Dannie Boy »

Don't forget that it's common for the existing land level to be raised by a metre or more and the new "soil" can be a combination of soil, sand, rock, stone, vegetation and god forbid contaminated material, depending on supplier, so choose carefully.