Landlords beware!

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Landlords beware!

Post by crazy88 »

A neighbour of mine has recently been scammed by the tenant that rented one of his houses. The story seemed familiar from a while back so I confirmed the MO and description with another friend. Seems there is a pattern emerging.

European guy, medium build, Thai wife that does not speak AT ALL. Probably late 40,s or early 50's. Drives an E220 merc in dark blue with lorimar wheels and a badge that says 'Turbo' along with the normal decals in chrome. Wears a bandana or baseball cap most of the time. Accent European but hard to place. Could be German, Swiss or Danish. Owns a ginger cat. Claims to have a new property office in Cha Am and a bike business in Phuket plus some kind of business in Udon Thani. Gives it the size twelve with paying the normal month up front plus month deposit in cash. Does not come through an agent for obvious reasons. Any agent worth their salt would have passport and ID card copies as part of the client profile and would make him traceable.

Moves in nice as pie then a huge amount of furniture including multiple computers, tv's etc turns up on the basis of storage. All is good so the landlord leaves the tenant to enjoy the property until next rent due. The guy takes everything of any value. TV's, stereos pictures, bed linen, cutlery and crockery, right down to the Buddha statues on the inside spirit house. Leaves all the aircon, fans, water into the pool running for several days so the landlord will not suspect. Massive electric bill of course and an unrentable property left behind with quite some internal damage done to the internal walls and electrics.

OK there was a deposit but it amounted to about a tenth of what was stolen plus the damage and lack of income whilst things are being put right.

Police reports have been filed but no joy as yet. Any info, to pass on to the authorities, would be appreciated by the aggrieved parties should anyone come across this person or have any information of other similar incidents.

Crazy 88
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Landlords beware!

Post by bsdk1960 »

I'm sorry for what happend ,but saying it could be a Accent European but hard to place. Could be German, Swiss or Danish is very hard to us people mentioned :) .

I'm not always proud to be from denmark but if you not can hear the difference between Danish,Swedish
Norwegian ,German,Swiss,Holland or Osterich then maybe just tell it was a person who speak a language that
you can't distinguish from each other, maybe just say it's a farrang and you would not upset anyone.

edit. :cheers: :cheers:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

bsdk1960 wrote:I'm sorry for what happend ,but saying it could be a Accent European but hard to place. Could be German, Swiss or Danish is very hard to us people mentioned :) .

I'm not always proud to be from denmark but if you not can hear the difference between Danish,Swedish
Norwegian ,German,Swiss,Holland or Osterich then maybe just tell it was a person who speak a language that
you can't distinguish from each other, maybe just say it's a farrang and you would not upset anyone.

There is a very destinct difference between German and Danish accents. And what do you mean by a "Swiss Accent"? They speak three different languanges in Switzerland - German, French, and Italian. These languages are in no way interrelated. There is no Swiss language.
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :banghead:

However, I hope someone locates the culprit and hang him by the balls.
A friend is only one click away
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Swedish accent- "May I have a glass of Yonnie Warker, please"!

Thai accent- "You want Led Label?"

German accent- "I vant von glass fon Johnnie Walker, bitte"

Danish accent- "Johnnie Walker please, Black Label"

French accent- None such, Frenchmen don´t drink Scotch.

Norwegian accent- "I see the myyyn. Ooops, my foot slipped in a pyyl of oil, broke my flask of Yonnie Walker"

:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Bizarre - what a horrible way to live!

Is the landlord not insured...?
This is the way
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

O.K I am confused. this European guy is the renter and moves in with his stuff then steals his own property or is this about the damage or is the home furnished? Am I missing something( very possible knowing me)
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

OK

First it seems I need to clarify a couple of points and apologise to anyone who thinks they were slurred.

I could not place his accent anymore than you could tell me a Geordie from a Mackem that you spoke to, once, a month ago with your car engine running and music playing.

The guy claimed to be two different nationalities to the two different landlords. IF it is the same guy. The MO and description fits. I met and spoke briefly with him only once at the property he rented recently which is 100m from my house and I know the property well. I lived in the house for 3 years and several friends and family members of mine have rented it since. Most recently my uncle moved out and I helped him do so. Therefore I know exactly what was in the property when the guy moved in. I have a copy of the handover photographs and so do the police along with photographs taken after this guy did a moonlight flit. He moved in a large amount of furniture etc. Took that and pretty much everything that was already in place. Also moved all the potted plants and water features into direct sunlight so the plants and fish all died and threw all his rubbish into the street.

Crazy 88
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Probably not the same guy (based on description/car detail), but exactly the same MO happened 2 doors away from me. Maybe there's a gang of them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Lung Per wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:I'm sorry for what happend ,but saying it could be a Accent European but hard to place. Could be German, Swiss or Danish is very hard to us people mentioned :) .

There is a very destinct difference between German and Danish accents. And what do you mean by a "Swiss Accent"? They speak three different languanges in Switzerland - German, French, and Italian. These languages are in no way interrelated. There is no Swiss language.
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :banghead:

However, I hope someone locates the culprit and hang him by the balls.
Well sorry for my ignorance was just trying to make a point,and the OP stated Swiss launguange.
Have a good day out there

:cheers: :cheers:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Maybe should just have said, a Northern European accent. That way he could have offended a lot more people.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

arcadianagain wrote:Maybe should just have said, a Northern European accent. That way he could have offended a lot more people.
:lach: :lach: :lach:

really dont care were he comes from just hope he get caught one day and hope for him its would be
by the police and not some thai landlords and friends.

:cheers: :cheers: