Bamboo House

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Bamboo Grove

Bamboo House

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Interesting building material, low cost and very economical.

http://www.gizmag.com/blooming-bamboo-h ... cts/29225/
Vietnamese architectural firm H&P Architects has produced a new prototype dwelling constructed from bamboo. Dubbed Blooming Bamboo, the house is built to withstand heavy flooding, and is eventually intended to be mass-produced and sold as an affordable and attractive home.

The Blooming Bamboo prototype measures 44 sq m (473 sq ft), is placed on stilts, and is built around a central frame constructed from bamboo. This frame can be further adapted to suit the needs of each owner, using locally-sourced materials which include bamboo, fiberboard, and coconut leaves.

The ground floor features a living room, bedroom, bathroom, WC, and kitchen, while an additional multi-function upper floor is accessible via ladder. An area is set aside for plants and animal breeding, and the home sports both indoor and outdoor terraces.

Blooming Bamboo's facade allows ample natural light and ventilation, and the property also includes rainwater collection facilities with integrated filtration system. Besides a house, the building could also be used as a small community center, medical center, or educational facility.

Blooming Bamboo is rated as able to withstand floods of up to 1.5 m (5 ft) in depth, but work is underway to increase this to 3 m (10 ft).

H&P Architects reports that Blooming Bamboo can be built by future owners within 25 days, and the homes are expected to be produced at a cost of US$2,500.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Bamboo House

Post by hhfarang »

Looks a bit drafty...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Won't catch on BG
1) Nowhere to hang your satellite dish
2) Nowhere to put your window security bars
3) Does it come with a floating garage to park the car when the floods come?
4) Maid's room?
5) Is it Mamba -proof?
and worst of all - think of it - at USD 2,500 - at today's rates that's a tad over THB 78,000.
I don't know of many property agents who would shift their butts for 3% of that............... :duck: :wink:

Personally I think it's cute - ideal for the M.I.L. :cheers:
Clark Ling
Novice
Novice

Post by Clark Ling »

needs more info to it